Strings Best Ukulele strings that aren't fluorocarbon

I like the Aquila reds on my Kanilea tenor, which is suprising given my indifference to the Nylguts. Would like to see how the reds sound on my Koaloha tenor (the stock fluorocarbon strings sound so good, though).
Reds are COMPLETELY different to Nylguts. I'm not at all a fan of Nylguts. I really like the Reds (at least, this far, on the Moonbird, and looking forward to trying them on the lutulele).

I love Aquila Sugars, even more than my go to Martin flouros...but for some reason all the ukes i put them on the A string has frayed for some odd reason.

Sorry, I am a bit confused, is this about toxicity from your strings to your skin? Or are you worried about the wider impacts of chemical industry?

If the former, I think you’ve received some very patient answers for what is probably an unrealistic scenario. If the latter, I can sympathise and would suggest you play nylon strings (which have great longevity) or the only truly organic option, genuine gut strings.

Last edited:
Non fluorocarbon, on my uku concerto for classic music fingerstyle I like the Aquila Nylgut with the black packet. It's mahogany and it gives it a very warm but resonant tone with much sustain. They are a bit stiff but I like them that way because they give a very sharp attack, great to tame them with fingers for dynamics.

Top Bottom