Best sites to sell Ukes?

KaPowaFie

Reaction score
Hey was just wondering what are the best sites to sell ukeleles for decent returns on? I've got a Kanile'a i bought for around 2000 in Hawaii but having a very tough time finding a way to sell it. I'm in need of money right now pretty badly, it's a collectible so it's in very good shape and everything but I've tried ebay, reverb and I recently put it on this website as well. What all do I need to do to sell it ? And where and which sites will buy more expensive ukeleles? If anyone can help or would be interested either please lmk or know anybody who's into collecting them I would be very appreciative of it. Thank you!

Sometimes it's not about the sites you use as much as prices. Even a great deal on a very expensive uke might not sell because there aren't many buyers at the higher prices. And the fact that yours is a bari again limits the buyer pool as not as many strummers have crossed over to the "dark side" of DGBE . I had a $4000 Collings listed for many months without any interests. It's never great to need to sell almost anything high end quickly without having to really put a low price on it. The only other site to try is Fleamarket Music. But you want get more high end buyers there, just a little more exposure. Good luck!

I have only sold few ukes and did that locally through services like craigslist. For higher end sale I would do consignment with music store.

If you need to sell quick then it's all about price. If you go below 2/3 of new that's a good threshold to generate interest.

Hey was just wondering what are the best sites to sell ukeleles for decent returns on? I've got a Kanile'a i bought for around 2000 in Hawaii but having a very tough time finding a way to sell it. I'm in need of money right now pretty badly, it's a collectible so it's in very good shape and everything but I've tried ebay, reverb and I recently put it on this website as well. What all do I need to do to sell it ? And where and which sites will buy more expensive ukeleles? If anyone can help or would be interested either please lmk or know anybody who's into collecting them I would be very appreciative of it. Thank you!
Take it to a guitar center or somewhere similar. I believe you can sell through sites like Pennylane music emporium, Sweetwater, or Gryphon Strings.

I've sold a number of high-end instruments through Elderly Instruments. They have a world-wide customer base and have an awesome reputation. They started in 1972 with the business model of dealing vintage instruments. Hence the name.

I've sold a number of high-end instruments through Elderly Instruments. They have a world-wide customer base and have an awesome reputation. They started in 1972 with the business model of dealing vintage instruments. Hence the name.
Yeah, they have a nice Kaka for sale! 😀

Screenshot_20240208_173507_Chrome.png

If you need to sell it now put the price lower.

Collectable is still used. 2000 was a while back. The market is glutted with instruments in these post covid days with lots of economic unease. I sold an ukulele on an outdoor forum of all places, right timing--price--and buyer looking for uke for his son. Having history on the forum helps as well. Consignment might be better for getting your uke noticed, may take some time, will have to pay to ship to consignment shop and pay fees. Do you set the consignment price or does the shop? I sent knives into a reseller--they evaluate and set the price---one sold. After 6months I got the second knife back-only paid shipping--sold elsewhere---it took a while. I take gear into MusicGoRound from time to time. I'm always offered lowest dollar. Trades I fare a little better. But I get cash (a check) in my hand or new gear to try out--right then and there.

If you need to sell now put the price lower.

You’re not far from me. I always use Portland Craigslist to sell gear and instruments. (I’ve gone through way too many instruments over the years. Silly, when I think about it.)

Quick sale and good price tend to not pair easily all the time.

If you need to sell quickly, there’s almost always someone who will pay a low price figuring they can flip it if they decide not to keep it.

If you want to get as much of your investment back as possible, you usually need to be patient and wait for the right person to come along looking for your exact ukulele.

If yours is the baritone (beautiful!), you likely need to be even more patient. That’s a smaller market/audience for that than the other three common ukulele sizes.

This forum is probably the very best place to sell an ukulele. Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace can be useful as well.

Best luck.

You have been given some excellent advice and ideas, also try Reverb and Flea Market Music. I been a member here going on 10 years now and have bought and sold many ukuleles on this site. Things have been really slow the last year or two, there is a post COVID abundance of ukuleles, same with guitars, the economy has been in a slump and there is world wide political unrest. But instruments can sell if priced attractively, exposed on many sites and you are patent. Best of luck.

The used market is very slow right now. I've listed ukuleles here, Flea Market Marketplace, and the Ukulele Marketplace/ Ukulele Marketplace USA groups on Facebook. I've had the best results on Facebook, but it took a while. GLWS!

Top Bottom