Beginner asking string question

SteveC

Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased aNueNue AMM3 ukulele. I would like some input on the best strings for this Ukulele. I will be staying with the standard tuning for a while. Thank you for your help

There is no best string for everyone. Different people prefer different gauges, different tensions, different finishes, different tones, etc. Unless you really hate the stock strings, I would play them for a couple of months. Then try something else and see if I like that better or worse. You may need to repeat a few times to find the best strings for you at your current skill level. If the original strings were fluorocarbon, try nylon the next time, maybe with a higher or lower tension.

There is no best string for everyone. Different people prefer different gauges, different tensions, different finishes, different tones, etc. Unless you really hate the stock strings, I would play them for a couple of months. Then try something else and see if I like that better or worse. You may need to repeat a few times to find the best strings for you at your current skill level. If the original strings were fluorocarbon, try nylon the next time, maybe with a higher or lower tension.
Thanks for your help.

I have a koa concert anuenue that came with the black water strings, so I've been asking myself the same thing. I like the black waters, but they do seem a little stiff on my concert. I think you have a tenor so not sure about tension differences? You could try going low g as a start. Buy a Fremont STR-FWG Soloist wound low g string only about $5. Be sure to tune it down to G3 not G4.

Last edited:
I have a koa concert anuenue that came with the black water strings, so I've been asking myself the same thing. I like the black waters, but they do seem a little stiff on my concert. I think you have a tenor so not sure about tension differences? You could try going low g as a start. Buy a Fremont STR-FWG Soloist wound low g string only about $5. Be sure to tune it down to G3 not G4.
Thank you

I have a KOA Concert Koaloha with a low G and I LOVE the KoAloha strings...Im considering putting them on my Kanilea tenor pineapple....

Top Bottom