Sold Baritone Ukulele, Burke Guitars "The Warrior" Spruce & Koa

Price
$900 USD
Shipping
Included, US-only. No international shipping.
Size
Baritone

Larry U

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Probably my prettiest ukulele, but if it doesn't get played enough, it has to go. I purchased this ukulele earlier this year thinking that a high-quality baritone uke would satisfy my itch for a deeper, richer-sounding instrument. At the same time, I started seriously playing a classical/crossover nylon-stringed guitar. Since the top four strings (D-G-B-E) are the same on both, I found playing the six-string guitar much more satisfying. I will soon receive a new Jupiter Redwood & Walnut Tenor, so I need to move out an instrument for both financial and storage reasons.

IMG_8776.jpg

IMG_8778.jpg

IMG_8779.jpg

Burke Confirmation.jpg

Additional photos are available here and also on the Burke Guitars website.

Instead of trying to list all the specs and features, here's the description from the Burke Guitars webpage:
-----
This Custom Instrument has a 20” scale length with 19 frets tuned to DGBE. It has a K&K Aloha Twin double sensor pickup. A 15’ arch on the back, quarter-sawn split braces, and solid linings increase volume and sustain.
The entire build is top quality with sensitivity to playability and clear sound.
Top is Full Figured fine grain Bear Claw Sitka Spruce - Sitka sounds great for heavy strumming, light fingerpicking, and everything in between.
The Solid Figured Koa back and sides give the instrument the Hawaiian look and sound and it looks stunning.
The neck is a 3 piece Mahogany/Maple/Mahogany for strength and long-term stability.
It has an Ebony fretboard and Bridge. The Bridge is “string-through body” to ensure the maximum vibration from the strings transfers from the bridge to the entire top.
Additional items include Warhead Club-shaped sound hole for the player to hear the sound and a Warhead Club inlay at the butt plate, The peghead has an inlay of a Hawaiian Spearman. The rosette is black/white MOP/Herringbone/white MOP/Black and body bindings are Mahogany with white MOP and black purfling. Fretboard markers are white MOP shaped as “W” for warrior.
It has Waverly chrome tuners with Ivoroid buttons and is finished in high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer. Hard Case included.
------
Detailed specifications, measurements, etc. are listed at Burke Guitars.

It's currently strung with stringsbymail.com Oasis Fluorocarbon DGBE Strings, "Southcoast" custom set.

Condition is exactly as received from the builder with no visible scratches, scuffs, dings, dangs, or oopsies!

Please let me know if you're interested or need any additional photos or information. Payment by Paypal (Goods & Services) only (or cash if you're local). I'm offering free shipment to CONUS. Sorry, because of the size, weight, value, etc., I cannot ship internationally.

Minor Edit: Side dot fret markers were not installed in the original construction (an oversight!) I have added some stick-on "pearloid" dots to the side of the fretboard. These can be easily removed or replaced if desired.

Attachments

• Burke Confirmation.jpg
    Burke Confirmation.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
In case anyone was wondering, this ukulele is equipped with a K&K Aloha Twin passive pickup (builder installed). It sounds great with a little reverb dialed in! :p

In case anyone was wondering, this ukulele is equipped with a K&K Aloha Twin passive pickup (builder installed). It sounds great with a little reverb dialed in! :p
Hi Larry - some of the photos look like a satin finish and some look glossy. Can you say which it is?

You really like fancy wood for your ukuleles! This one is beautiful! (y)

Love the bear claw....and that figured koa looks beautiful!
GLWTS

PM sent

Top Bottom