Another Prog Uke Mashup

Thommy_B

Reaction score
Greg sent me a lead vocal of Ain't No Sunshine over his drumming and an organ playing Sunshine Of Your Love, and I laid one fingerpicked uke on the left, doubling it on the right with one of my wooden picks, added my cigarbox ubass playing the Mississippi Queen riff, and used Let's Spend The Night Together for the Trevor Rabin-inspired lead uke, and all you need is another War riff, in this case Slippin' Into Darkness. You can find our mashup of Papa Was A Rollin' Stone under Rock On/Cisco Kid/Money on my YouTube Channel. I'm sure there will be more to follow down the road. So much fun!

Last edited:
Greg sent me a lead vocal of Ain't No Sunshine over his drumming and an organ playing Sunshine Of Your Love, and I laid one fingerpicked uke on the left, doubling it on the right with one of my wooden picks, added my cigarbox ubass playing the Mississippi Queen riff, and used Let's Spend The Night Together for the Trevor Rabin-inspired lead uke, and all you need is another War riff, in this case Slippin' Into Darkness. You can find our mashup of Papa Was A Rollin' Stone under Rock On/Cisco Kid/Money on my YouTube Channel. I'm sure there will be more to follow down the road. So much fun!

Wow, really impressive. Your voice is terrific, Thom!

Wow, really impressive. Your voice is terrific, Thom!
Thanks, Patty! That's Greg on the lead vocals. I'm doing the stacked backgrounds. He's frankly not crazy about them. He's a less is more guy. I'm a more is more guy. He's warming up to it, but he's also going to do a more soulful R&B version some day. We'll see... ( >=< )? ... come on...

I really enjoy your stuff @Thommy_B ! This might just be a personal preference, but I love to watch people play or sing or make the music. Would love to watch you and collaborators as you make this stuff if that's an option!

I really enjoy your stuff @Thommy_B ! This might just be a personal preference, but I love to watch people play or sing or make the music. Would love to watch you and collaborators as you make this stuff if that's an option!
Thanks! Yeah, I do want to put something like that together on something. My collaborator is a busy guy, so I'd have to go to him to shoot actual sessions. We send tracks back and forth, recording in ProTools. But I have thought about documenting a solo session with overdubs, etc. Definitely anything live will go to the channel when that happens. I don't do much solo work, but things like playing in tunnels under freeways and stairwells is always possible...

Top Bottom