24 Days of Christmas Movies: What Did You Watch Today?

Wiggy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
You are only allowed one "notable" movie per day. What was it?
1 Dec, 2023
Christmas With the Kranks

<edit> You do not have to play every day, only on those days (or the day after) you watch.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun. I'll play, but will probably end up watching what others suggest.
On the first day of Christmas films I watched on my TV: A Charlie Brown Christmas.

I was in the same room as my wife watched, "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black. I never liked this movie so I read my book. I thought Jack Black was miscast as a romantic lead and didn't think he and Winslet's characters had any chemistry, their relationship seemed forced and unbelievable. Diaz and Law weren't much better. This movie would never make my holiday viewing list.

"Three Wise Men and a Baby" on Hallmark seemed OK as I passed it on my way the the Keurig machine. I don't have much control unless I pop in DVDs on the other set: tomorrow, tomorrow. Used today's time practicing on GDAE ukuleles.

"It's A Wonderful Life" is the only Christmas movie I can watch without being at gun point. The others have more sugar than I can take. They're too depressing, that your life can't be like them. At least George Bailey hits a lot of bumps in the road.

It Happened On 5th Avenue. Technically not a Christmas movie but a great story.

The Bells Of Saint Mary’s. Bing Crosby as an affable but tough- minded priest. Ingrid Bergman as a nun. ‘Nuf said.

Last edited:
"It's A Wonderful Life" is the only Christmas movie I can watch without being at gun point. The others have more sugar than I can take. They're too depressing, that your life can't be like them. At least George Bailey hits a lot of bumps in the road.
I do watch "It's a Wonderful Life" every year, but it's the only Christmas movie that I watch.

Speaking of mindless action flicks, I’ve been watching the John Wick trilogy. Definitely not Xmas flicks.

Some good old classics- The Bishops Wife (1947) with Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven. Christmas in Connecticut (1945) Barbara Stanwyk, Dennis Morgan and Sidney Greenstreet. Miracle on 34th Street (1947)with Maureen O'Hara.

Modern classics- The Christmas Story (1983) Home Alone (1990)

Last edited:
Some good old classics- The Bishops Wife (1947) with Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven. Christmas in Connecticut (1945) Barbara Stanwyk, Dennis Morgan and Sidney Greenstreet. Miracle on 34th Street (1947)with Maureen O'Hara.

Modern classics- The Christmas Story (1983) Home Alone (1990)
I had forgotten The Bishop's Wife, and I have a copy. That makes two Christmas movies I can happily watch. Thanks !!

I watched The Santa Clause passively while I read my book because it just happened to be on. It's not one I would seek out and it certainly wouldn't make my Christmas "gotta see" list but it was innocuous enough and kind of fun. I should probably do some more purposeful watching and view some stuff that I actually want to see before time runs out.

Top Bottom