Risa stick soprano

Yes, I saw this one, but the disclosure of Import products may not be the same as local, turned me off. Maybe it's standard disclosure, but maybe not. If you buy one, let us know.;)

If it's from Japan there will be a hefty customs bill. You may want to compare customs to shipping from Mim.

Last edited:
I'm selling my 'late' maple/planetary/soprano/fluorocarbon as new for £160 in UK if it helps anyone. They are a little easier to transport safely but don't want it at my risk other than ensuring its been posted my end. The are great instruments but I'm wanting something that I can play unamplified at the same time.

If it's from Japan there will be a hefty customs bill.
I kinda doubt it on a $300 item. I've not paid a duty on things purchased from Japan before, but YMMV. . typically that is for commercial use or above a certain limit ($800 USD) and even then it would be 4% (up to 1800, although free up to 2500 for informal entry). Always good to check your govt website (ITA, Customs, etc.) for info before making large international purchases...the rules can be complex/misunderstood and change.

Last edited:
I kinda doubt it on a $300 item. I've not paid a duty on things purchased from Japan before, but YMMV. . typically that is for commercial use or above a certain limit ($800 USD) and even then it would be 4% (up to 1800, although free up to 2500 for informal entry). Always good to check your govt website (ITA, Customs, etc.) for info before making large international purchases...the rules can be complex/misunderstood and change.
I am in Canada and bought a uke for about 600 there online. Even though it was US made I think the customs and brokerage free was close to 200 which I did not anticipate. Other countries may have better trade agreements with Japan. That's why it's good to do homework first.

Top Bottom