Where Are You Currently In Your Uke Buying/Selling

Where are you currently in your uke buying/selling?

• I'm just getting started or just love to buy, so I'm buying frequently.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I'm still open to buying, but not too frequently.

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • I'm pretty stable with my current number of ukes, but still shop.

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • I'm pretty stable, not buying or selling.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I would like to downsize some, but not too quickly.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I'm trying to downsize, so I'm selling frequently.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I'm winding down, so I'm selling most/all of my ukes.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I don't know what I want. Pizza sounds good!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

frets alot

Reaction score
I posed this question on a guitar forum, and found the answers to be interesting/fun. So, I thought I'd do the same thing here and see what we get. This is just for fun. :)

I tried to cover all the bases. No fair critiquing the pollster. ;)

I'm currently at 8 ukes but I consider one of those my wife's so in my head I have 7. I'm trying to downsize (and not looking around/shopping) a bit and currently have an Opio for sale. I think I'd like to get down to 4 or 5. At that number it's a nice balance between having a variety to choose from and it's not too hard to get around to playing them all regularly. The hardest part is choosing what to let go. I love all 7(8) of what I currently have!

Last edited:
Im pretty stable.

I have 8 ukes. Five of them $500+ ukes, so I feel that I have ventured up into some good stuff.

There are a couple of my ukes that I might let go. Since I dont have any time to play currently, it is the wrong time to decide if they will get play time in the future though.

I am not planning on buying more ukes. But if the right uke shows up, I might do it. Like a bargain on something second hand I suspect is really really good right near me, or if I were actually to try a ukulele IRL and want it bad. I think I am through with buying full priced ukuleles online without trying, hoping they will be my perfect ukulele to replace old ones.

Edit:
Last time I bought a uke was in 2021, so stable for a while 🙂

Last edited:
"I am not planning on buying more ukes. But if the right uke shows up, I might do it."

Yes, that's where I am, too.

I'm glad I got to experiment with different ukuleles since I started playing, but I think (hope) I've found my happy place now.

I have 3 electric tenors and one piezo baritone. I'm trying to upgrade my synth stuff, as well as putting more effort into recording gear instead of sinking more money into ukuleles.

Also pretty happy with my gear bass and guitar wise, so I'm happy to not be in the acquiring stages on those fronts.

I've got my two bought ukes, two that I've built and one more on the way...I'll definitely build more, but I'm not shopping. The only uke I really want that I don't have is a Timms, 12 fret soprano.

On a scale of am I buying or am I selling, I'd have to say yes, I am. Not at the rate I was, so I voted ".. pretty stable.." . I have one being made and my eye on another (or so), and I have yet to identify the uke (or so) that must go. That's me - pretty stable.

I’ve gone through a few seasons of buying, then downsizing. I just passed through a cycle like that. I am open to buying, but I really don’t NEED anything right now.

I tend to be impulsive with both buying and selling.

The thing I want most would either be a custom commission beyond my budget, or I would have to try building. I really want to try building, but I have had “commitment issues” in the past.

I have enjoyed some of the repairs and tinkering I have done.

It’s all been very enjoyable and fulfilling!

Stable but shopping seems to fit me the best. I am on the Beansprout list, and I am leaving room for the right Oli concert. Maybe another KoAloha someday. The problem is picking which of the current herd need to go to make room. Then again, pizza sounds really good! 🍕🍕🍕

I just bought one ukulele and I am very happy with it. The only thing I would want is an electric acoustic ukulele that has inbuilt effects., but the one I’m looking at is way beyond my budget. In Germany it costs €300 because it’s unknown here, there’s also nothing secondhand

I would like to give away my baritone ukulele, but as it doesn’t sound quite right, I don’t know if anybody would have it

I am down to one uke: 2013 LFDM custom and it is still the best uke I've ever played.

However, if one of those Compass Rose mini-jumbo tenors with the Adirondack top and Cocobolo back and sides ever shows up in the market place, I might start panicking.

I posed this question on a guitar forum, and found the answers to be interesting/fun. So, I thought I'd do the same thing here and see what we get. This is just for fun. :)

I tried to cover all the bases. No fair critiquing the pollster. ;)
I'm the down winder and would like to sell almost all my ukes but I still look and would buy some piece of magic if it came my way.

I have a custom uke being made by Bruce Wei at the moment. Will be auctioning to my uke group the one it's replacing, with all proceeds going to The Ukulele Kids Club. I have a bass uke being modified by Eric's Guitar in Van Nuys, CA, was painted by Pat Wilkins, and recently bought three more to modify.

Last edited:
Top Bottom