Pet pictures time, people!

Our beloved Daisy a couple of weeks ago, carrying a chunk of a log she found in the woods. Sadly, Daisy suddenly began having seizures on Thursday and died on Friday, probably of a brain tumor. She was almost 13. The pain of her loss is terrible. We will always love her.
I am so sorry for your loss., Patty... I hope the following Rainer Maria Rilke poem brings you a bit of comfort:

For the animals their death
is, as it were, completed.

What's ahead is God.
And when they move,
they move in timelessness,
as fountains do.

From the Eighth Duino Elegy

I'm old. I've lost more pets than I can count. Currently none living.

Pets of the past:

Bambi, lost to egg binding despite there being NO MALES

20151210_123007[1].jpg

Aunty Pyewacket lost to a brain tumor after Bambi (her bestest bud) died.

20151210_123207[1].jpg

Toast, old age a couple of years ago

20150828_210230[1].jpg

Trudy lost to cancer

20171009_164201[1].jpg

Most of my pets were pre-cell phone camera so I don't have a lot of pictures, and some that I DID have got lost in various computer switches.

I had a couple of parakeets named Thing One and Thing Two, Thing One died about 4 years ago and I lost Thing Two just last summer.

I had a Basenji/greyhound mix named Rusty who lived for 18 years, from a puppy. She was the smartest dog I ever knew. She kept getting out of the yard and we couldn't figure out how. Then my son called me into the kitchen and pointed out the window - she was pulling leaves away from the fence, exposing a hole under it. She wriggled through - and then REACHED BACK UNDER THE FENCE AND FILLED THE HOLE BACK UP WITH LEAVES!!!! Only one of many stories. After she died it was 9 years before I got another dog, that was Trudy, and I only had Trudy for 6 months. The shelter didn't tell me she had cancer. And yes. THEY KNEW.

I've had dozens of pets, and all (but the birds and fish) were strays. All but Trudy were street adoptions.

I am so sorry for your loss., Patty... I hope the following Rainer Maria Rilke poem brings you a bit of comfort:

For the animals their death
is, as it were, completed.

What's ahead is God.
And when they move,
they move in timelessness,
as fountains do.

From the Eighth Duino Elegy
Thank you so much for that, @4Quince. It’s so lovely, and so true.

I had a Basenji/greyhound mix named Rusty who lived for 18 years, from a puppy. She was the smartest dog I ever knew. She kept getting out of the yard and we couldn't figure out how. Then my son called me into the kitchen and pointed out the window - she was pulling leaves away from the fence, exposing a hole under it. She wriggled through - and then REACHED BACK UNDER THE FENCE AND FILLED THE HOLE BACK UP WITH LEAVES!!!!
They’re astonishing, aren’t they? Our dental hygienist‘s family always had boxers. One puppy, at the age of 9 weeks, was in a playpen in the woman’s kitchen watching her cook dinner. In the process, the woman several times dropped scraps into the garbage pail, which had a step-on mechanism. As soon as the puppy was let out of the playpen, it ran over to the pail, put its paw on the lever, opened the garbage and tried to get in.

Pets of the past:

View attachment 168595

View attachment 168597

View attachment 168596

Trudy lost to cancer

View attachment 168598

Most of my pets were pre-cell phone camera so I don't have a lot of pictures, and some that I DID have got lost in various computer switches.

I had a couple of parakeets named Thing One and Thing Two, Thing One died about 4 years ago and I lost Thing Two just last summer.

I had a Basenji/greyhound mix named Rusty who lived for 18 years, from a puppy. She was the smartest dog I ever knew. She kept getting out of the yard and we couldn't figure out how. Then my son called me into the kitchen and pointed out the window - she was pulling leaves away from the fence, exposing a hole under it. She wriggled through - and then REACHED BACK UNDER THE FENCE AND FILLED THE HOLE BACK UP WITH LEAVES!!!! Only one of many stories. After she died it was 9 years before I got another dog, that was Trudy, and I only had Trudy for 6 months. The shelter didn't tell me she had cancer. And yes. THEY KNEW.

I've had dozens of pets, and all (but the birds and fish) were strays. All but Trudy were street adoptions.
You've been busy! It's so heartbreaking to let them go. Thanks for taking in so many!

I've also had so many that it's hard to believe. Couldn't live without them, especially now. Be well!

My Shiba Inu, Yukiko, being Charlie Brown until the weather warms up. She keeps me honest about my uke skills by walking out of the room when I haven’t mastered a songIMG_3272.jpeg

Last edited:
She's beautiful! That's funny!

My dog and cat listen all the time when I play. They seem relaxed. The only communication other than their quiet presence are those wispy eyes and winking from the dog.

I'm sure they would walk out at times, too, but they seem to know how much better I feel, no matter how well or badly I play. 🥸

Pets of the past:

View attachment 168595

View attachment 168597

View attachment 168596

Trudy lost to cancer

View attachment 168598

Thank you for being kind and adopting them.

Top Bottom