Price
1300 USD
Shipping
Free to continental U.S.
Size
Longneck soprano

NatalieS

Reaction score
I have a 2021 custom build KoAloha longneck soprano ukulele up for sale. This ukulele was ordered custom by The Ukulele Lab and I purchased it new from them. It's made with glossy spalted mango that is also quite curly, and has a thick abalone rosette along with abalone fret dots and headstock logo. This instrument is light as a feather and like many KoAlohas, it takes no playing effort to make it sing with impressive tone and volume.

The condition is very good, with no visible scratches or flaws to my eye. I do want to note that the soundboard has some dishing in between the rosette and the bridge. I've included a picture showing this. The integrity of the build doesn't seem affected by this; there is no lifting of the bridge or any other stress I can see. I had another soprano years ago with similar dishing and was told it happens sometimes in sopranos that are built very light. Please correct me if I'm not accurate in saying that.

The hard case is included, and I'll film a video sound sample this morning. Thank you for looking!

8A23182A-CA11-4091-BA81-36B391A045AE.jpegFBE94383-0BB8-4853-B4CC-8E7ABEFE3BA1.jpeg2330B66C-55CB-42CE-AB62-F61F0E1B3B6C.jpeg5ED1D280-FFF5-4428-9656-188ABF5A53FC.jpeg9CFD40A5-8835-4324-8B5D-875573A775CB.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a 2012 KSM-00 that i picked up used off craigslist earlier this year. It also has a belly/dishing, and it seems similar to what NatalieS has posted. Out of curiosity I had emailed KoAloha about it to see if there were any concerns given how lightly built these are with basically only one brace. This was their response, which I think should put to rest any concerns a potential buyer may have:

Thanks for your email and for purchasing a KoAloha.

What you see should not become a problem. I could go into a lengthy explanation, but I’ll keep it short and sweet.

We love to get the most sound and clarity out of our instruments as this is generally what we’re known for. Our tops may be slightly thinner than other brands and because wood density varies, a slight bow may become visible at times.

It becomes a concern when intonation, structural integrity, or the bridge becomes affected. If they do, your ukulele is covered by our warranty, regardless of who owns it, where it was bought, and when it was bought. It’s a way to thank our customers for choosing us.

Wow, much prettier than my tenor neck Koa soprano.

Good luck with your sale.

I have a 2012 KSM-00 that i picked up used off craigslist earlier this year. It also has a belly/dishing, and it seems similar to what NatalieS has posted. Out of curiosity I had emailed KoAloha about it to see if there were any concerns given how lightly built these are with basically only one brace. This was their response, which I think should put to rest any concerns a potential buyer may have:
Same dishing on my Naupaka soprano. The dishing has no impact on the intonation. I also emailed KoAloha and got pretty much the same response. With their better than the weather warranty, I don't worry too much about it.

Last edited:
Wow that’s a stunner! The same minor bellying can be observed on 100+ year old Martins and they’re still going strong 💪

Hi everyone, I apologize greatly for the delay in getting a video uploaded and for staying up-to-date on this thread. I had a health scare earlier this month and didn't tend to non-essential things for a while. Things are back to normal and I filmed this video clip tonight. My fingers are a bit out of practice but please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see or hear on this ukulele. It is still for sale, and I appreciate everyone's patience. :)

Hi everyone, I apologize greatly for the delay in getting a video uploaded and for staying up-to-date on this thread. I had a health scare earlier this month and didn't tend to non-essential things for a while. Things are back to normal and I filmed this video clip tonight. My fingers are a bit out of practice but please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see or hear on this ukulele. It is still for sale, and I appreciate everyone's patience. :)

Beautiful uke, beautiful playing. Wish you well health! Maybe just keep it? :):):)

Hello. Though that is a beautiful instrument, I am not sure I'd play a soprano much, but I do have a general question if you don't mind. Can you tell me if the case for it is concert size to accommodate the longer neck? I am not sure how that works with a long neck.

That is a beauty!!

I am sorry that you've gone through a stressful time. I'm glad things are back to normal.

GLWS, that is a glorious little ukulele with a lovely sound.
Thank you! Things are very good now, so I'm grateful!
Beautiful uke, beautiful playing. Wish you well health! Maybe just keep it? :):):)
Thanks! I've been focusing on longer-scaled instruments so this one doesn't get played as much as it should.
Hello. Though that is a beautiful instrument, I am not sure I'd play a soprano much, but I do have a general question if you don't mind. Can you tell me if the case for it is concert size to accommodate the longer neck? I am not sure how that works with a long neck.
I'm not sure if it came in a soprano or concert case. A while back I tried to put it in a soprano Crossrock fiberglass case. Although the neck length fit easily, the upper and lower bouts of the KoAloha were too wide for that particular case. They tend to make their instruments pretty curvy.

Nice playing ! Nice sounding uke too. If it doesn't sell it is a great match for you judging by the way you play it. Hope it works out either way. GLWS

Price lowered to $1400 shipped within the United States!

Not going to buy but wanted to join the chorus of onlookers who are very impressed with the appearance of this ukulele
Mahalo don-b! It's a pretty special uke.

Koaloha Concerts are AMAZING! glws.

Top Bottom