Show us your ukes!

I personally enjoy the thrill of the hunt... looking up and learning about new models and makers that I come across.
Exactly this. So many neat things out there that don't immediately pop up on a search for uke stuff, yet we get all sorts of wonderful introductions on this forum!

Mind blown today, visiting The Ukulele Store in Waikiki. First time ever getting to play a vintage Martin and this happens... Style 0 up to a 5k!! 🤯

Tyler has an ukulele based goods brand called 'ukulōlō. In this thread, is it proper to call this an 'ukulōlōrgy? 😏😬
20230127_000600.jpg
20230127_000745.jpg20230127_000844.jpg

Tyler pulled out that old concert Martin when I was there last spring, fantastic sound. Did you buy that soprano? And has the AC been fixed? 😂
No and yes! I don't have enough arms and legs for that soprano. 😬 i also just got that Antar Pineapple from Shawn, so another uke is really pushing it. Strong justification would be needed!

Seemed cool enough in there! Tyler was great.. thanks for the tip!
I spy a concert sized one!

that 5k is just phenomenal!
Yes and yes!! Insane!!

Quick admin note: yes, the name of this thread has changed. There's a reason for that, and I'll bet it's not the one you think. Rather than talk about it here, though, please talk about it on this thread instead.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled pictures of beautiful ukuleles. 😊

Thanks,
Tim
Mod

California girl
larr1.JPGlar2.JPG
Made in Oxnard California. Larrivee is a good guitar company but unlike other ukes branded by good guitar companies, this was made in the same USA factory as their highest end guitars by the same craftspeople. Sitka spruce top, koa body, maple binding, ebony fretboard and headplate, decorated grovers. It's feather light and resonant like crazy. I like the tightness of the Aquilas on it.

Last edited:
California girl
View attachment 147781View attachment 147782
Made in Oxnard California. Larrivee is a good guitar company but unlike other ukes branded by good guitar companies, this was made in the same USA factory as their highest end guitars by the same craftspeople. Sitka spruce top, koa body, maple binding, ebony fretboard and headplate, decorated grovers. It's feather light and resonant like crazy. I like the tightness of the Aquilas on it.
Mmmmmmm … so pretty!

Edit: And @ookooleilei has a Larrivee for sale on the Marketplace that looks like a steal!

Last edited:
What does this sound like with the mango/koa combo? Is it unique compared to just koa or just mango? So cool.
If I can get a decent sound sample on my iPhone I’ll tag you in. With the low G there is depth of frequency with the Koa and the Mango makes a mellow lilting to the top end.

Just posting , not mine . Kamaka HF-2 D Deluxe Concert​

1401561_2000x.jpg

Top Bottom