Search results

1. gyosh

Any Old Timer lurkers out there?

Any old timers still here but just lurking? I was just lurking on some of the threads and realized I didn't recognize many of the names I saw. I think my first post was sometime around August in 2010. Who's still here?
  2. gyosh

"Lurking Old Timers"

Any long time Uber's still lurking without posting much? I'm not recognizing very many names these days when I come to visit. Are you guys still out there?
  3. gyosh

Veteran UU Lurkers

Hey all, Just ventured out to the threads and was surprised to see very few names I recognized. It made me realize I mostly just lurk now. Are there any other "old timers" out there lurking too? It's so bad, I had to search around a bit to figure out how to post a new thread :) Anyhow...
  4. gyosh

Craig and Sarah Silicon Valley Show

Hi all, just wanted to let South Bay area peeps know that Craig and Sarah are coming to town and playing at Homestead Highs School's auditorium on Weds., April 20th. Doors open at 7:00pm, show starts at 7:30. Tickets at the door are $5.00/student and $15.00/adult. Don't miss their only...
  5. gyosh

Rookie mistake w/new string set

I was all excited to try a set of Southcoast ML/O-NWM strings on my Compass Rose only to pull a lame mistake and turn the wrong tuning peg and tuned the E to A which of course popped the string. So angry with myself I had to vent here. Give me your best shot at ridicule. Today, I've earned...
  6. gyosh

Information wanted Harmony soprano

My friend has this Harmony up on the wall in his brand new shave ice shop. He received it from his grandmother who would be in her early nineties now. There isn't a label and he isn't looking to sell, but he would like to know a guesstimate of the year and a ballpark figure of what it's worth...
  7. gyosh

Anyone hear from Brad Donaldson?

Brad stopped actively posting on UU a while back to care for his family. Has anyone heard from him or know how he is doing? He's a great guy and I was just wondering how he's doing.
  8. gyosh

Neil Young on Ukulele

I jumped in my car and caught the tail end of a Neil Young song on ukulele. I was listening to "The Coffee House" on Serius XM Radio. Anyone know the name of the song? Thank you. -gyosh
  9. gyosh

SF Giants World Series Champs 2014

Congratulation Giants. One of the best World Series I've ever watched.
  10. gyosh

Mahogany or Koa?

Is there a definitive way to test/verify if a soundboard is mahogany or Koa? I recently purchased a Taylor GS Mini Mahogany topped guitar ::guitar?gasp:: and pretty much to a man, everyone thinks I received a Koa top instead of mahogany. I was extremely doubtful but after checking it against...
  11. gyosh

Pepe Romero Tiny Tenor

Has anyone seen one yet? I just checked them out very quickly but they look very nice, feel and sound great. I preferred the spruce top as it was much louder than the koa (and I have a preference for spruce anyhow). When I have more time I will go back and give them a little more attention:)...
  12. gyosh

Truss Rods

Chatting with a friend and we were wondering how many manufacturers use truss rods in their ukes. Any idea? And are they used in every model?
  13. gyosh

Sarah Maisel: Best Young Gun?

Have you taken the time to check out this young lady's videos? It's unbelievable how smooth she is with those very difficult jazz chords. The more I watch, the more I'm in AWE!
  14. gyosh

New custom Compass Rose tenor

Here are some pics of my new tenor. Rick and his crew outdid themselves. The biggest "flaw" I can find is that I can tell where there is a seam in the headstock binding. It's very faint. I had to really look for it. I picked it up on Friday and had to wait until today to take pictures...
  15. gyosh

Access Gig Bag

So, here is the back of my new gig bag. The back straps are adjustable, as are the shoulder pads. Currently they are adjusted all the way out to fit my girthyness (6'2", wide shoulders). It's a snug fit now so if I get much girthier I will have to look for longer straps :). The hardware on...
  16. gyosh

UU Private Song Lessons

In a word, AWESOME!! My initial intent was just to help support the UU boys in their latest endeavor but after receiving the lesson, I clearly got the better end of this deal. I chose a song (The Rain Song by Led Zepplin) that was waaaaayyyy out of my league just to see how they would handle...
  17. gyosh

Any news from Reno?

Anyone give any updates from the Reno/Tahoe Uke Festival? I couldn't find anything other than the new MP that was purchased there.
  18. gyosh

Stolen Uke . . . please help.

Hi all, I saw this on FB from Moku Mike and thought I'd post it here too. A uke signed by Bill Tapia was stolen. Maybe keep an eye out on ebay and/or flea markets. http://www.kqed.org/news/story/2012/12/20/113042/ukulele_signed_by_legendary_musician_stolen?category=bay+area thanks, -Gary
  19. gyosh

Aldrine and Aaron in Berkeley Oct. 16th.

Anyone have any info on Aldrine and Aaron playing at DaSilva's in Berkeley? I tried Mike's site but I could only find a calendar listing. Trying to find more info so I can make the commute from the South Bay less painful. Thanks.
  20. gyosh

42nd Roy Sakuma Festival UU meet up

Anyone planning a UU meet up for the festival? I'm Gary from SJ, Ca. and I know Capt. Roy will be there from Texas and of course Pueo, MM Stan and Uncle Rod. Anyhow, I'm planning on wearing a UU shirt so if you see a big Japanese guy with a goatee please stop me and introduce yourself. I'm...
Top Bottom