Search results

1. hands_on_lanzon

New Uke Day (NUD) Koa Ko'olau Concert from Kaneohe to Osaka

I can explain. *Faces the choir to start preaching I've recently fallen pretty hard for Ko'olau, acquiring two tenors since December. Serious keepers and my "house-on-fire ukes" for sure. Well, interest bounced around some and @Patty was chatting with me about Ko'olau concerts and it planted a...
  2. hands_on_lanzon

No longer available Mya-Moe Banjolele, Tenor, Walnut

At the peak UAS (has it really subsided, or just changed forms?), as I was trying to get my hands on every new sound, I came across this beautiful and unique banjolele here on the Marketplace. I loved it enough, that I sprang for the shipping to get it from Australia. (Original post below. Much...
  3. hands_on_lanzon

Sold Thinline Kinnard Tenor, Cedar/Palo Escrito

It's a sad day in Ukesville! I've been avoiding listing this one for a couple weeks, but the time has come. I'm the first owner of this thinline Kinnard Tenor, purchased Nov 2022 ($3650). This beauty came with me on my trip to Oahu back in Dec 2022, where I got a pickup installed at The 'Ukulele...
  4. hands_on_lanzon

Season of the 'Ukulele (SOTU) 629 - Season of the Cuckoo'lele

Greetings fellow and aspiring Seasonistas! Data (n=1, last week) shows that posting a SOTU theme early didn't seem to bother anyone and was appreciated by at few, so allow me a slightly early introduction to the Season of the Cuckoo'kulele! I'm doing something a little different (*ahem @joo ;)...
  5. hands_on_lanzon

'Ukulele Acquisition Specialty Store

I just found out that a fellow ukealoholic I've been following on IG has also started a store in Australia AAAAAND just just found out she's also a fellow UU Forum member, @__followmarimae__ . Check out her website and story below. The shop's IG page also has many pics and sound samples of the...
  6. hands_on_lanzon

'Ukulele Museum and Hawaiian Music Archives Initiatives

Shawn from 'Ukulele Friend recently attended NAMM and shared an IG post mentioning initiatives for an 'Ukulele Museum and Hawaiian Music Archives. This included an email address (musicarchives@hawaii.gov) to reach out, if you're interested in more information and ways to support. The response...
  7. hands_on_lanzon

Just In Case

Curious and felt like sharing... what's inside your case or gig bag? 'Ukulele essentials or just to have? I thought it might be fun and also informative for those bringing their ukes on trips or to jams, strums, gigs, etc. Here's a start... 1. Tuner, clipped to my handle for easy access and to...
  8. hands_on_lanzon

New Uke Day (NUD) 1920's Martin Taropatch Concert

I may or may not have had an unspoken "resolution" in my mind to not get any ukes in 2024 and I may or may not have failed miserably wonderfully today. Surprisingly enough, it had nothing to do with UU enablers and everything to do with me visiting The Bay Area and having Ukulenny recommend a...
  9. hands_on_lanzon

New Uke Day (NUD) NUUD: Ko'olau Tenor Delux - Spruce/Rosewood Slothead

Me and the 'ukulele market... I know. I KNOW! i know. This is one I couldn't stand the thought of anyone else on the entire planet getting... except maybe ONE person. When the Reverb algorithm brought this Ko'olau across my screen, I knew the "I" in "AI" was working just fine. Yes, I just...
  10. hands_on_lanzon

New Uke Day (NUD) Next day NUD - Pohaku Concert, cedar/walnut

Here's a little teaser/placeholder while I await a YT vid upload and have time to type more on my compootah. More to come! So, I went a little nuts and got my second Pohaku in eight days yesterday! I guess when I find something I like, I go for it. So when this one came up in the Marketplace...
  11. hands_on_lanzon

New Uke Day (NUD) NUD - Pohaku Soprano, Hawaiian Cuban Mahogany

It's been a while for me! A few reasons... my taste has settled, my stable has stabilized, aaaaand I had couple custom orders in the hands of builders. One of those customs was strung up yesterday so, of course, I drove 3.5hrs to go pick it up today! As you can tell from the thread title, it's...
  12. hands_on_lanzon

Season of the 'Ukulele (SOTU) 610 - Season of the Who'kulele

Greetings Fellow and Aspiring Seasonistas! This day got busier than expected, but I wanted to do a quick kick-off so folks can get started thinking about their entries. I will expand more when I get home later this evening. Home and editing! Allow me to introduce the Season of the Who'kulele...
  13. hands_on_lanzon

HMS/TUS Song Catalog

When it was time to purchase my first legit 'ukulele, about two years ago, I hit the interwebs to do some research and came across the magic that is the Hawaii Music Supply (/TUS) Podcast. I had no idea the rabbit hole I was about to swirl down with all the sizes, woods, makers, strings, tones...
  14. hands_on_lanzon

No longer available Favilla Baritone (60's)

Greetings fellow ukeholics! Le sigh. Another uke being listed for the ol' 1-in-1-out. I really haven't been doing too good at this, but hopefully this one finds the right bari lover! The Good. ~ It's a beautiful 1960's (I believe) Favilla with amazing tone! It's warm and rich on the low and...
  15. hands_on_lanzon

Builder/Luthier Visits

Today, I had the pleasure of a couple fun firsts!! My first time visiting a luthier's workshop and having the esteemed pleasure of being the first visitor to Peter Hurney's recently moved workshop to Astoria, Oregon where he builds his Pohaku 'ukuleles! I really had no idea what to expect, but...
  16. hands_on_lanzon

New Uke Day (NUD) NUsD - 2for1, Coast Baritone and Rin Hayase Concert

Someone once said something about 'good intentions'? 😇 I can't remember the saying and I definitely don't recall saying something about last uke or last concert or never buying a uke again. Here's the story... I had just received my wagara red label KoAloha concert and I'm head over heels. But...
  17. hands_on_lanzon

SOTU 592 - Dads and Grads

Greetings current and aspiring Seasonistas! Apologies for the late start and for not including a kickoff video. I was a little busy this week and almost forgot I was hosting!! Nevertheless, I'm ready to give it my all! Theme Songs for this week are related to dads and grads! The song should...
  18. hands_on_lanzon

Any Imperfections Will Add To Its Beauty

Starting a new thread for those willing to share their minor imperfections that they have learned to accept or even perhaps appreciate. The photo above is from a well known OG tattooer, Thom deVita, who made this phrase popular within the tattoo community. It's true, tattoos, as permanent as...
  19. hands_on_lanzon

Sold Romero Creations STC, Spalted Mango

Aloha fellow ukeholics! The Story Up for sale is my Romero Creations spalted mango STC. For those who don't know, this little monster is a soprano overall length with a tenor body and a concert scale length, giving it the STC name. This is one that I thought I'd keep forever, since it does it...
  20. hands_on_lanzon

Festival 2023 LA Ukulele Festival - UU Meet

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/threads/2023-los-angeles-international-ukulele-festival.157187/p @ailevin , @rainbow21 and I have intentions of attending and are wondering if anyone else is going. How do we meet up? What do we do? We have plenty of time, but just getting the thread...
Top Bottom