Interested in building your own ukulele?

de Houtwinkel

Reaction score
IMG_20231202_192125_106.jpg
I offer one-on-one instruction in my shop here in Northern Utah, USA. No woodworking experience necessary, and all tools/material provided.

Details can be found on my website

Nope. I had enough fun years ago restoring three vintage tenor banjos. And I'd have even less time to not play my ukuleles. .. 🤪

That sounds like a great program. If I lived anywhere near you I would sign up in a heartbeat.

it's worth even if you have to travel. I did the trip from the Central Coast and stayed for a month in Utah to complete my build. it was a one of a life time experience and trigger for my own ukulele building. if you ever thought about doing it DO IT!!!

it's worth even if you have to travel. I did the trip from the Central Coast and stayed for a month in Utah to complete my build. it was a one of a life time experience and trigger for my own ukulele building. if you ever thought about doing it DO IT!!!
Where did you stay/how much were living expenses? If you don't mind me asking.

I went with my family and we rented a house close to Logan via Vrbo and depending on what you are looking for it can be very different so I'd recommend checking Vrbo and Airbnb for the time you are interested in going. the town is a college town and has a good food scene as well as Costco and Walmart in town. Daryl will also help with anything he can and you'll be spending most of the time at the shop anyway :).

Top Bottom