Ukulele Friend store

Is that at the Natatorium or further like Diamond Head Beach Park?

Reminds me of our first trip to Oahu. We stayed at hotel near Hilton Village. On first day we took bus to climb Diamond Head. Then we walked back around Diamond Head... without water. That was some hike in the heat and sure was refreshing once we hit a beach near the road for a swim break.
Yes, near the Natatorium but past it. I said "last one before Diamond Head", but that's probably not correct. I just remember that the Waikiki street paralleling the beach turns away from the water near there and a hotel or condo building blocks you from walking farther on the beach. Smallish beach with nice, uncrowded swimming (shhh, don't spread it around).

I've also done that Diamond Head trail and back in the heat and without water. Whew, was it good to get back and have a dip and a Mai Tai.

Edit: Kaimana Beach just past the Natatorium

Shawn attended NAMM recently and captured this little clip of James Hill playing his 1890's Manuel Nunes 'ukulele.

I was hanging out Peter Luongo and James and actually saw that uke at NAMM as well, really beautiful and unique!

It has real gut strings, those really blew me away. The other thing is that as I was listening to it I was amazed by how much it projected considering the body is so small.

Simon

Top Bottom