To Those Who Admired Daisy - RIP Sweet Dog

My condolences to you George. I think it very hard for anyone who has not had a dog as a long term friend and companion to understand the grief suffered when they die.

My first dog died coming up three years ago and his loss was somewhat painful .... Before I got a dog I wondered why folk made a fuss of them - must be daft I thought - but a good dog has value that only those fortunate enough to have one (or have had one) can understand.

You’ll mostly get over things, but it took me a while and I’ll forever miss him. Fate sent me that first dog and near enough took him away too, after a couple of years fate brought me another dog and he’s much loved too.

Last edited:
I mourned my previous dog for 20 years. A year ago I finally got a new companion. Don’t know why I waited so long. Unlike people we lose it is easy to transfer our love to a new dog. Sorry for your loss.

So many thanks to all of you!!! I'm still missing Daisy all the time. And, I'll never forget her. Daisy's ashes came back, and we'll be spreading them in the garden next to the house. That way, in some sense, she'll still be with those she loved.

For you who have so sweetly expressed condolences, allow me refer you to my newest posting: "Sofi."

Thanks!

Top Bottom