This message awaiting moderator approval glitch

BradDonaldson

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is BuzzBD. I have opened a new account so I can post to the site. For several days now I have been attempting to post to various threads. Everything seems to work OK, but when I go to post the it says this message is awaiting moderator approval and is invisible to everyone else. I have heard that others have encountered this but it was resolved some how. Anyone know what is going on?
Brad

My guess would be since it's a new account, either a certain amount of time or number of posts will get past that.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

My posts were originally doing this when we moved to the new site, and my account is several years old, with several hundred posts.

After a mod approved one of my posts, it stopped happening.

Hmmm. My first two posts resulted in a moderator approval notice. After that, didn't happen again, but neither of the original posts ever appeared.

Here is a test attempt to insert a photo. My first try looked fine until I left the thread, then it disappeared. Ditto when I tried to attach a photo as a file.

Pono Spruce & Cedar.jpg

Hmmm. My first two posts resulted in a moderator approval notice. After that, didn't happen again, but neither of the original posts ever appeared.

Here is a test attempt to insert a photo. My first try looked fine until I left the thread, then it disappeared. Ditto when I tried to attach a photo as a file.

View attachment 135495
Your post is visible, and those are two fine looking instruments!

I vaguely recall that happening. I think it was solved by logging in again.

To set the record straight, the account that got the needs moderator approval was several years old , with hundreds of posts. I tried to post several times over the last week with no luck. The only way I can now post is through this new account. I am concerned that there may be a large number of others similarly locked out.
Brad

This is cpg. I just created this profile to be able to post. I'm having the same issue and have a few posts that say awaiting moderator approval. Nothing I post under my normal account is visiable to anyone besides me. I posted to the "moving the forum" thread and messaged Rayan. I suspect this is just some kind of permissions setting that the admins will correct and just haven't gotten around to or figured out yet.

Check your "spam" email box. There may be a confirmation of account email that you have to click on.

Check your "spam" email box. There may be a confirmation of account email that you have to click on.
I would also suggest to check if you confirmed your original account.
I did not find the first email, not even in my spam. I requested an new email to confirm my account, and that arrived immediately.

I also had the first two messages requiring moderator approval; That appears to have resolved, but there are no "edit" functions.

-Kurt​

My first post also got this notice:

'This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.'

I'm having the same issue.

Hitting me too. Requiring mod approval for ones initial posts is a good thing if the mods have time to watch the queue. We get a lot of fairly transparent first response spam

It seems like some existing accounts got the needs moderation flag corrupted during the copy over. I hope the team can address this after the holidays, either by updating the db or going through the queue.

On the other hand, being blocked does encourage playing rather than posting!

Top Bottom