This little guy just came in the window and made himself at home

Cats can be very fickle. A miserable specimen turned up outside my place looking very poorly, injured, terrified and starving. I put food out for him and, after many weeks of skulking around, he started to relax and finally decided to move in with me. That was nearly four years ago. He has turned into a fine looking chap. I call him Freddie Freeloader.

In recent weeks he has started spending a lot of time elsewhere. He still turns up at meal times but then waltzes off again. He sometimes stays home overnight but often I don't see him until he turns up in the morning, solicitous and hungry.

I still love him and tell myself I just want him to be happy, but I feel used.

Cats can be very fickle. A miserable specimen turned up outside my place looking very poorly, injured, terrified and starving. I put food out for him and, after many weeks of skulking around, he started to relax and finally decided to move in with me. That was nearly four years ago. He has turned into a fine looking chap. I call him Freddie Freeloader.

In recent weeks he has started spending a lot of time elsewhere. He still turns up at meal times but then waltzes off again. He sometimes stays home overnight but often I don't see him until he turns up in the morning, solicitous and hungry.

I still love him and tell myself I just want him to be happy, but I feel used.
I don't think cats even have the ability to 'use' people.

They're animals designed primarily to stalk and pounce on moving objects. They aren't sapient enough to 'use' anyone.

"They're animals designed primarily to stalk and pounce on moving objects. They aren't sapient enough to 'use' anyone"

Their ancestors evolved to be efficient killing machines but, after countless generations of sponging off human beings, felis domesticus has become extremely skilled in the art of getting what they want from us. I love them but am well aware that they are charming sociopaths.

Top Bottom