The Uke Room is closing

BigJackBrass

Charlatan, Humbug & Imitation Humorist
UU VIP
Reaction score
Looks like I missed my chance to visit: Matt Stead is closing The Uke Room.

Understandable, given the enormous amount of other work he does, but still a pity. Many of the remaining instruments are reduced, mostly vintage ukuleles spanning the field from camp and surf ukes, right up to a Martin Style 3K from the Twenties. The link above goes to the online shop.

One can but wish Matt well and hope that he has many happy years of teaching ahead of him. We all tend to take good health for granted but it isn’t guaranteed and can so easily slip away.

“The Uke Room will be closing this year after many years of helping people find their special ukes around the country. I want to personally thank anyone that has bought a ukulele from me, all my suppliers and friends that have helped and supported me.

My teaching has expanded to such an extent that I just can’t commit the time to running this business as well, whilst having a happy and balanced life (those that know me know I now need to look after my health a bit better!)”

Last edited:
Always a shame to see a business close its doors. I'm afraid the prices are too rich for my blood, even with reductions as they are. Wishing Matt the very best of luck with future endeavours.

This has recently been posted on the Anarchy in the Ukulele channel. Really nice interview with Matt. Sure he will do a superb job with the upcoming Ukulele festival of Great Britain

Matt Stead interview

Top Bottom