SOLD: Donaldson Ulu (Breadfruit) Soprano

ookooleilei

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Purchased this one from a fellow UUF member, and it's a beauty. Like-new condition, light build, with a punchy, bright/sweet tone that's different than I've heard with other ukuleles - sounds great.

I'm just not playing it much (as I have WAY TOO MANY ukuleles), and it's time to find it a new home where it will be played.

This was a custom build, and has a radiused fretboard which will help with those pesky barre chords, and a clear pickguard that was installed by the original owner -- applied with care, and barely noticeable, but does what it's supposed to do!

Ships in the hard case, pictured, to CONUS only, for $425.

Purchased this one from a fellow UUF member, and it's a beauty. Like-new condition, light build, with a punchy, bright/sweet tone that's different than I've heard with other ukuleles - sounds great.

I'm just not playing it much (as I have WAY TOO MANY ukuleles), and it's time to find it a new home where it will be played.

This was a custom build, and has a radiused fretboard which will help with those pesky barre chords, and a clear pickguard that was installed by the original owner -- applied with care, and barely noticeable, but does what it's supposed to do!

Ships in the hard case, pictured, to CONUS only, for $425.

Boy is that pretty! I'm not a soprano player but that little beauty could seriously make anyone a soprano uke player. Simply beautifully crafted.
Breadfruit is the product the HMS Bounty crew went after and ended up mutinying due to harsh conditions aboard ship.

Boy is that pretty! I'm not a soprano player but that little beauty could seriously make anyone a soprano uke player. Simply beautifully crafted.
Breadfruit is the product the HMS Bounty crew went after and ended up mutinying due to harsh conditions aboard ship.
Love the historical note - didn’t know that!

Nice find for someone who would like to collect ukes of the indigenous Hawaiian tonewoods: koa, cuban mahogany and breadfruit.... Just saying!

Nice find for someone who would like to collect ukes of the indigenous Hawaiian tonewoods: koa, cuban mahogany and breadfruit.... Just saying!
Great reason to buy this one -- yes!

(noticed your signature and checked out your YouTube channel -- really great playing and singing! Subscribed, and looking forward to more... hope to get myself to that level one of these days.)

Great reason to buy this one -- yes!

(noticed your signature and checked out your YouTube channel -- really great playing and singing! Subscribed, and looking forward to more... hope to get myself to that level one of these days.)
Wow, thank you for the kind words! That means a lot. Keep on playing! Music is a journey and the fun is all along the way. (I have so many things I still want to learn - to sing better for one!)

Man! I never made it to the mutiny. Maybe I should try one more time.

Wow, thank you for the kind words! That means a lot. Keep on playing! Music is a journey and the fun is all along the way. (I have so many things I still want to learn - to sing better for one!)
Price reduction on this one to $XXX, shipped, to the CONUS. Not sure you can buy a custom build with a radiused fretboard for $350 ANYWHERE!

Last edited:
I don't play sopranos but come on people!

As a Donaldson tenor owner, I can vouch that you will be pleased. This price is insane.

As the original owner, I can tell you this is a lovely and sweet sounding uke. Bright and cheerful in a way that is totally different than Koa or Spruce. Its a great tonewood.

It is a beauty! Unfortunately my ukulele sizes are growing away from soprano towards tenor

Top Bottom