Questions on Anuenue Moonbird concert/ ease of playability/ loudness/ tone etc?

CYN

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Anuenue Moonbird concert that they would like to comment on? I would like to know if you find it easier to play than other ukes. Is it deeper and richer sounding or bright due to the spruce top?
How do you like the newer type neck? Any info would be appreciated .

I do know the nut width is 36mm

Nut & spacing - I don't have a very precise measuring device, but I think the distance from G string to A string is 30mm ???? Nut is 36mm.

Playability - Very comfy neck shape for me. I don't like chunky (Pono), and I don't like squared off shapes (Magic Fluke). The thin Loprinzi neck wasn't a favorite either. The Moonbird neck is similar in feel to my 2006 KoAloha concert. Love, Love, Love the satin neck. I don't play super high on the neck, so the cutaway shape doesn't figure into my playing very much. But it looks cool.

Sound - Not bright, like you'd expect from a spruce top. I'd describe the sound as very well-rounded, with more bottom end. I think the bigger lower bout accounts for that. Richer sound would also be a good description. Of course strings will affect the sound. I still have the original Black Water strings on mine. Some folks like the Black Waters, some don't. Loudness, I'd say medium.

Looks - The gloss body, the spalted maple moon fret markers & rosette, and the out of the ordinary shape make this a really beautiful uke, without being gaudy.

I think that a lot of your questions would be subjective. Easier to play? Probably for some people, not for others.
Sounds deeper and richer? Depends on what you're comparing it to.

IMO, every ukulele has its own sound, feel, and personality, and you have to decide if it's a match for you.

So, I won't be very helpful in answering your questions, but hope that you get the opportunity to try one, and decide those answers for yourself.
They are very well built ukuleles, and I love the look of the Moon Birds.

Let us know what you think if you have the chance to try one.

Does anyone have a Anuenue Moonbird concert that they would like to comment on? I would like to know if you find it easier to play than other ukes. Is it deeper and richer sounding or bright due to the spruce top?
How do you like the newer type neck? Any info would be appreciated .

Neck feels the widest of all my Ukes. I like it very much. I too still have the original strings, but will probably try something new soon. Definitely feels more like a mini guitar than my other Ukes. Volume imo is VERY loud. Not sure which is louder, the Clara or Bird. The tone is excellent. Rafter is correct with a nice balance. I kept the action high on purpose, which makes it harder to play. Even around a string height of 3 it’s a joy to play. I will shave the saddle in the future, but I like the challenge for now. I highly rec the MB concert.

Last edited:
Top Bottom