New Uke Day (NUD) Pono Master Series Tenor (Spruce and Rosewood)

revdocjim

Reaction score
I'm on cloud nine today! This beautiful instrument arrived yesterday from our well known member, Tin Ear. It was very well packed and he even threw in a few sets of extra strings, a wonderful Oahu hardcase and a couple of Boveda packs. It's a gorgeous piece of craftmanship and the sound is extremely captivating. Deep, rich, full, and with excellent sustain. It came strung with Worth browns and a Uke Logic wound low G and I don't see any need to change anything. The balance of the Worths and the Uke Logic low G is spot on to my ear. My other tenor is the Martin T1K and while I like it a lot, this instrument has a significantly different sound which makes me happy. Also, almost all of my ukes are Koa, which I love, but this one is exciting because it's such a big departure in terms of wood variety. It really makes me want to work on my picking and fingerstyle! So here's a very big shout out to Tin Ear.

He has hinted at possibly selling another fabulous piece from his collection so if you have any interest, he is a very solid and trustworthy guy!

BTW, when I expressed interest in a MS tenor on this forum another foundational member, TimWilson, offered me his Spruce/Mahogany and it wasn't an easy decision. So a big thanks to Tim as well.

Anyway, here are a few pics I snapped today.
DSC01731.jpg

DSC01732.jpg

DSC01733.jpg

DSC01738.jpg

DSC01739.jpg

DSC01741.jpg

DSC01742.jpg

DSC01743.jpg

DSC01744.jpg

Gorgeous, I can understand you being on cloud nine!

What a wonderful addition to your Uke family. I as drooling over that Pono, each time I saw it! Congrats!! Have fun with it 👍

Somehow I missed this - Glad you really like this uke. I did too - and I miss it. If I didn't have 4 other really top notch ukes I would have held on to this. But I only have two arms and can only play so many. The Pono Master Series are great ukes !

Somehow I missed this - Glad you really like this uke. I did too - and I miss it. If I didn't have 4 other really top notch ukes I would have held on to this. But I only have two arms and can only play so many. The Pono Master Series are great ukes !
Thank you so much for the smooth transaction and for a fantastic instrument!

Top Bottom