NUD - Millar SP-210LL longneck soprano

Jimpro

Reaction score
So happy to have just received this uke! I got it to replace my Flight spruce/acacia tenor as I have moved down in scale and it fulfills the sound I want for more classical and contemporary sounding jazz playing. It complements very well my Shima longneck soprano in mahogany in terms of sound qualities. This uke is more expressive and melodic with great sustain. The build is impeccable and looks fantastic! I can certainly agree with the review by Baz on gotaukulele.
I ordered it from UKESUPPLY in Germany and it was a super experience. Jens there is very responsive and helpful and it was very well packed and arrived in NJ very quickly. Right now with the fall of the Euro against the dollar great deals can be found buying from Europe especially because they further deduct 19% from the Euro price bcz there is no VAT to charge. In my case the deduction more than offset the reasonable shipping cost.

Attachments

• 0A86C09E-BD9B-4AB3-86FD-12C5F0744C49.jpeg
    0A86C09E-BD9B-4AB3-86FD-12C5F0744C49.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 37
Congrats! It looks amazing. I have a Millar cedar tenor myself. Millar is becoming one of my favourite uke brands.

Even though I own the concert version of this uke I've still been constantly curious about the long neck soprano. Is the volume as big as many reviewers and stores claim? I've heard it's a cannon.

Even though I own the concert version of this uke I've still been constantly curious about the long neck soprano. Is the volume as big as many reviewers and stores claim? I've heard it's a cannon.
I don’t have enough experience with many ukuleles to say it’s a cannon, but I do find it has good presence enabling me to play around with dynamics of sound.

That is a great-looking uke! I too have heard good things about Millar, and I recall a very favorable Barry Maz review as well!

Top Bottom