NUD: Kala Cedar/Acacia Tenor XL Ukulele Gloss

Blunderbuss

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This just arrived today. I got this from Mike's Ukulele Garage on Reverb. When I was looking at the listing, I sent the seller a question. Unbeknownst to me at first, but it was actually Mike Upton, President of KALA. He was very cool and answered all my questions about this uke. He told me that it came from his private collection (he was kind enough to include a letter saying so) and it was likely that not many of these are around as this combo of woods for this tenor XL never made it to production. He estimated it was built between 2020-2022. So, I also got a cool story to tell along with a very nice ukulele. It sounds great and the extra length/width on the neck has already helped with my fat-fingeritis 😆.

DSC02719a.JPGDSC02721a.JPGDSC02723a.JPGDSC02724a.JPGDSC02713.JPGDSC02718a.JPG

Last edited:
Very attractive. Almost no bling, just the right amount around the sound hole. Lovely. And a great story behind it too. Congrats on the latest addition to your growing collection!

Very cool; so nice of Mike to send it with a letter that shows its history. Enjoy!

I'm guessing what makes this unique is the XL?

It's unique because they did put this wood combination of the tenor XL into production. I suppose the XL part is also unique as you don't see many uke on the market that are of a size that is in between a tenor or a baritone.

Top Bottom