Not so obvious luther tools

PSA test DID NOT find my cancer; my PSA was 1.7...low. My GP's digital exam did find something off, and he sent me to a urologist who confirmed and then did a biopsy which found "significant, though slow growing cancer".

Do not trust PSA, and do not avoid the digit! If you're straight, it won't make you gay. Come to find out that an amazing number of men will not go for the digital exam, fearing that it will make them gay. So, better to have that false knowledge and be dead?

I've turned into a kind of mild activist for getting tested any way possible. I didn't like hearing that "most men will die with prostate cancer, though not necessarily of it". I'd just as soon be cancer-free, myself, and not die with it. Let it be a heart attack while making love to a gorgeous woman or some such...

Very pleased to hear your recovering Rick. I just turned 50 a few weeks ago, and the trip to the Doc needs to be booked. Living in the tropics has made me keenly aware that getting checked for skin cancers is first and foremost thing to watch out for, then coming to grips with just getting closer to my "used by date".

Top Bottom