New year's greeting, "Satin Doll" and "Sweet Georgia Brown"

Jan Haasler

Reaction score
Hello there and a good new year everyone.
I wish you some luck, fun and challenge, patience and consistency achieving your goals, especially concerning the ukulele.

While was out with my family during christmas (in Süd-Schwarzwald visiting my mother in law) my wife encouraged me to take a short clip at the Hochburg.
This is an arrangement of "Satin Doll" (Duke Ellington) I came up with two years ago. No improvisation here but I do it playing live or for myself.

With that same Brüko no. 6 style (3/4 sides) soprano I jammed out something á la "Sweet Georgia Brown" lately in the stairway hall of the house we are living in:

This is improvised and a bit inspired by the fabulous stuff Roy Smeck did (I really like his music).

Kind regards
Jan

Very nice and sympathetic to the tunes! I really like how you keep the strum going while playing melody on the A string.

I thank everyone very very much for the comments and encouragement. I know, I could also do some explanation on what I did there and show some fingerings like a "tutorial". My time (like of All others too I think) is very limited even if I am really focusding on the ukulele in my freetime. The time left for me I put on playing for myself, finding opportunities to play (and teach as well) and doing those Videos as a documentation about my ukulele artistry.

Is some more explanation on how I improvise or arrange (both two if my strength) appreciated here?

Kind regards.
Jan

Top Bottom