New (used) Ukulele Day! Pono Pineapple Mango Concert!

weeping ukulele

Reaction score
Pono MGCP-PC.jpg
Well, today I received my first ukulele, a Pono MGCP-PC. I've played guitar for 50 years, but never a uke. What sold me on this one was the beautiful Mango wood for top, sides, and back. Not sure what year it was made (can that be checked with the serial number? ). I did not know about the sound until today. I am obviously not a uke expert, but to my ears it sounds great, surprisingly loud, bright, and sweet (like a mango should be). Very low action and easy to play. It looks mint, unplayed. I love the pineapple inlay on the fingerboard and the gloss finish. Here are some more pictures:

Pono back MGCP-PC.jpg

Pono full MGCP-PC.jpeg

congratulations, that's a beauty.

Thanks for the replies and likes everyone. I am delighted with this ukulele. I feel so fortunate to have aquired such a nice one, both in tone and looks for my first uke!
Nailed it!! Glad you're happy with your first foray into the world of ukulele, and welcome to the forum!!

Welcome to UU, weeping ukulele!
That's a fab looking pineapple uke. I hope it inspires you to pick up the uke. There's so much to discover. Since you can transfer many of your guitar skills, you'll be off to a running start!

Wow, it is beautiful, but also so darn cute! Congratulations!

Wow, it is beautiful, but also so darn cute! Congratulations!
Thanks Susie, it is cute. It looks like a pineapple! When I first took the case out of the shipping box, I thought the case was empty. I just weighed it on a little kitchen scale and it's 18.9 ounces

It's a Classic ; a Pono Pro Classic ! Wow !
Yes DJ Mango, The fact that it is a PC was one of the reasons I bought it. Apparently Pono is discontinuing the Pro Classic line. I read somewhere that the first ukuleles were pineapple shaped and later they were also shaped like a small guitar; is that true?

Top Bottom