Martin T1 Uke Streetmaster

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I saw this online the other day. It's a new Martin that's made to look old. It's like buying a hat that looks old and worn. Or jeans with holes already in the knees. I don't see the appeal.

It is designed for older players who don't have the time to get there naturally! ;)

My local Guitar Center had a used one so I went to check it out. I’m not really a tenor player but I was curious. The finish in person looks a little better than in the pictures and it sounded pretty good. But two things about it really bothered me, the pale sipo fretboard and the action was really high at the saddle. If I played tenors I probably would skip this one, but I think a lot of people would really like it.

...It's a new Martin that's made to look old...

I like it. It is not "distressed;" just a very light satin finish to create stain acceptance variations simulate wear.

And, it may have machine tuners, if that's what this means:
  • TUNING MACHINES: Ratio Black Uke Peg [After watching the video below: they are Graphtech Ratio tuners.]

Last edited:
There’s a buyer review on the Anarchy in the Ukulele YouTube channel if you want to see and hear it in action.

I like it. It is not "distressed;" just a very light satin finish to show stain acceptance variations.

And, it may have machine tuners, if that's what this means:
  • TUNING MACHINES: Ratio Black Uke Peg
I'm pretty sure they are PegHed tuners.
That's what my 1T IZ originally came with.

Top Bottom