Long Brüko (Soprano) ukuleles comparison

Jan Haasler

Reaction score
This is a really long comparison Video with my collection from ladt year (late summer 2023).

They all carry great sound qualities in the brüko-ish, vintag-y kind of sound spectrum which I like so much.

My Personal ranking is not easy but I'd go like (randomly and no articulated specific categpries):

-Brüko maple (wild) longneck & Martin Style 0 -Spruce/Rosewood Pineapple
-S001 models
-3/4 no.6 Style travel uke and mahogany longneck, S006
-vintage no. 3 & 4, The Mele, rosewood soprano

It also can change from time to time.
I also have a few more models I also like a lot.
Some models are played very iften, also when gigging (the first 3 ranks).

What do you think?

Just bought a mahogany longneck soprano, Hubert (of Bruko) installed Gotoh tuners for me.
It sounds really beautiful.
I also own a bearclaw spruce/rosewood concert.
Exeptional build, very kind people.

Attachments

• D311D62E-2439-4215-B6C8-FD136D4B7552.jpeg
    D311D62E-2439-4215-B6C8-FD136D4B7552.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 60A9655A-FE86-4835-A693-02B75D8B5ABF.jpeg
    60A9655A-FE86-4835-A693-02B75D8B5ABF.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the video! How come your S001’s sound so different from each other? The second one (your “main” one) sounds different from the first one but it’s the same model, no?

Hello, thank you for reaching out to me.
I would summarize every Brüko sounds like a Brüko ukulele. Within that tonal "family" (due to the way of construction) are differences and even two maple S001 models do not have to Sound "The same".I think the second S001 demoed here is build with a certain chunk of wood from a tree Mr Pfeiffer calls "wild" maple. The maple longneck is built from this wood two. Lovely.Recently I found out a 1920s Oscar Schmidt Soprano - which I will demo soon - has a sound very close to what Brüko sounds like. They started building in the 1930s and I think get better and at the best point with Mrs and Mr Pfeiffer building them.

Best,
Jan

Just bought a mahogany longneck soprano, Hubert (of Bruko) installed Gotoh tuners for me.
It sounds really beautiful.
I also own a bearclaw spruce/rosewood concert.
Exeptional build, very kind people.
Your models look georgous!!
I am sure they sound awesome.

Best, Jan

Hello, thank you for reaching out to me.
I would summarize every Brüko sounds like a Brüko ukulele. Within that tonal "family" (due to the way of construction) are differences and even two maple S001 models do not have to Sound "The same".I think the second S001 demoed here is build with a certain chunk of wood from a tree Mr Pfeiffer calls "wild" maple. The maple longneck is built from this wood two. Lovely.Recently I found out a 1920s Oscar Schmidt Soprano - which I will demo soon - has a sound very close to what Brüko sounds like. They started building in the 1930s and I think get better and at the best point with Mrs and Mr Pfeiffer building them.

Best,
Jan

Your models look georgous!!
I am sure they sound awesome.

Best, Jan
They do sound and play awesome, the mahogany longneck has a warm beautiful tone, the concert is brighter and louder.
I love to play both.

Top Bottom