Is there any resource that lists Worth strings' tension in kilos and not adjectives?

baconsalad

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Would like to see actual numbers to see of the browns actually differ from the clears and do they differ from any other florocarbon fishing line of same diameter?

There is a tension chart that lists all sets for all sizes. May even be a sticky somewhere.
There was this spreadsheet thread, but the link is broken (i.e. the google doc is no longer accessible). Arcy posted a reply to a similar query with some links to resources within UU Forum. I don't know if any of these will be of use, but you could try to do some searching using "string tension" using any search engine with the search terms plus site:forum.ukuleleunderground.com and might find something useful. Good luck!

Somewhere along the way this was posted
FYI I sample checked two tenor entries, Aquila New Nylgut, and D'Addario EJ99T and the numbers in this chart differ in gauge and tension ratings versus the mfg website.

FYI I sample checked two tenor entries, Aquila New Nylgut, and D'Addario EJ99T and the numbers in this chart differ in gauge and tension ratings versus the mfg website.
I make no claims to accuracy. This was something that was posted sometime over the years. Maybe someone has other info

Would like to see actual numbers to see of the browns actually differ from the clears and do they differ from any other florocarbon fishing line of same diameter?
the B and C variants are listed in the same product on one of the string spreadsheets, so appear same...

Top Bottom