I want this. Wonder where I could someday get one.

Voran

Reaction score

It doesn't seem far removed from a Russian 7-string guitar. There's a lot of music for them. I went down a little rabbit hole with them.

You could always add a 7th string to a guitarlele. Or make your own from scratch!

I have no idea how to build a uke! Could take lessons or watch tutorials I guess.

How are you doing? I haven't seen you in a while.

Lots of information here!

Ticking along. Playing music IRL is taking over from the Internet!

How are you?

Good. Just being lazy because I have a cold right now.

If you look at that video, the strings aren't in courses like an 8 string. At the very least you'd need different slots in the nut and bridge. I think that's closer to a guitar than a ukulele.

If you look at that video, the strings aren't in courses like an 8 string. At the very least you'd need different slots in the nut and bridge. I think that's closer to a guitar than a ukulele.
True but the instrument is just fascinating.

True but the instrument is just fascinating.
I imagine if you wanted to do some ghetto luthiery on a budget of very little, you could buy a child's classical guitar and add in an extra string. You would need to cut new nut slots and drill an extra hole in the bridge for the seventh string and eventually you might twist its neck but it wouldn't be beyond someone of your calibre!

I imagine if you wanted to do some ghetto luthiery on a budget of very little, you could buy a child's classical guitar and add in an extra string. You would need to cut new nut slots and drill an extra hole in the bridge for the seventh string and eventually you might twist its neck but it wouldn't be beyond someone of your calibre!
I'll pass because I'd hate to botch things and damage a perfectly good instrument.

I'll maybe order a custom ukulele with 7 strings some day just for fun.

ll pass because I'd hate to botch things and damage a perfectly good instrument.
Or, another way of looking at it could be this.

You are rescuing an instrument with little to no value (as there are far more childrens guitars than there are children learning guitar) from ending up in landfill because that's where almost all of them end up.

Not that I'm trying to tell you what to do, of course! It makes no difference to me either way. It's just that in the past I've put myself off doing things because I thought I couldn't do them only to find later that they really weren't that hard. Just an observation. If you want a challenge in the future, it is ready.

Or, another way of looking at it could be this.

You are rescuing an instrument with little to no value (as there are far more childrens guitars than there are children learning guitar) from ending up in landfill because that's where almost all of them end up.

Not that I'm trying to tell you what to do, of course! It makes no difference to me either way. It's just that in the past I've put myself off doing things because I thought I couldn't do them only to find later that they really weren't that hard. Just an observation. If you want a challenge in the future, it is ready.
Might do but for now I have oodles of things to finish up. Maybe in future.

Top Bottom