Hey everyone. I'm Andrew

Hey Andrew, thanks for finding your way here! My experience was kinda similar to yours, in that I was playing for a while before it occurred to me to look for an ukulele forum -- which was a little ironic, because at the time I was managing a forum in another field as my full-time job! I feel goofy for not finding it sooner, but I'm making up for lost time. :)

I was going to suggest that you make an intro post, because I saw your Eddy Finn cigar box uke post first, which I'm going to take the liberty of posting here. We have a number of cigar box uke fans here, as well as a thriving community of both professional and enthusiast builders, and I think a lot of folks will find this right up their alley!

Thanks again for finding us, and for taking the time to introduce yourself!

Take care,
Tim

Welcome to the UU Forum Andrew. Glad you found us. Looking forward to your contributions.

Hey everyone, my name is Andrew Axsom and I've been plucking around on a uke for about 3 years and I've fallen in love with them. It only recently occurred to me to check for a forum and I was pretty excited to find it.
Hi Andrew. You've landed in the best place! Welcome! I'm entering month nine myself, and learning so much from this forum!

Welcome Andrew,

I enjoyed your cigarbox review, and your playing too. I like what you said, about it being a fun and affordable instrument. That's my only criteria. I've had thoughts of buying one, and adding a magnetic guitar pickup on the face, both for the esthetics and for use with light gauge steel strings. I'd add tone and volume pots for the same reasons. Oh, I also enjoyed your outtro of the Sesame Street song.

Welcome! Has anyone ever told you that your last name is great for a stringed instrument player? Or perhaps a lumberjack. Anyways.. it's awesome and so is your enthusiastic cigar uke review!

Top Bottom