Guinness World Book Attempt at the Strathmore Ukefest 2011!

luke'nlele

UU+
Reaction score
Going for a World Record at the Strathmore Ukefest!
Free at the Gazebo
Wednesday, August 24, 2011, 7PM

Guiness World Book Record in the
Largest Ukulele Ensemble category at this performance.
Come early and bring your ukulele- you must register to participate between 6-7 PM.
The record will be attempted at 7:30 PM!

BBQ & Street Performers at 5:30PM

Join the pre-show strum at 6PM.

Performing at the gazebo at 7PM will be
Grammy-winners Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer
Gerald Ross
Victoria Vox
and Sweater Set

Ukulele Warm-up Workshops will be offered the day before, on August 23
at 7PM by Marcy Marxer and Gerald Ross for both beginners and intermediate players. To enroll for the workshops go to
www.strathmore.org or call (303) 581-5100.

10701 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, MD
parking $4.75 at Grosvenor-Strathmore Metro garage.

Some more info on the Guinness World Record breaking attempt and upcoming workshops (Tuesday, August 23) and concert (August 24)at Strathmore:

The record to break is the number playing the same song on the ukulele at the same time in the same place. We believe that London holds the last record. We've heard that the ensemble at the Cairns Festival in Australia just missed it by 42!

Tuesday, August 23 at 7 PM
http://www.strathmore.org/eventstickets/calendar/view.asp?id=7096
Beginning Ukulele Workshop
with Marcy Marxer
For those holding their ukes for the first time through those who have a uke, but are still negotiating with it on chord changes and simple melodies. Marcy makes it easy and fun and you will leave with a few songs in your pocket and a smile on your face. You’ll be psyched and ready to play with your new friends at Strathmore's annual Ukulele Festival the following day.

http://www.strathmore.org/eventstickets/calendar/view.asp?id=7093
Swing Ukulele Workshop
with Gerald Ross
Intermediate/Advanced
Swing Master Gerald Ross will upgrade your uke skills to include chords, soloing and arrangements to 2 classic songs. Gerald’s instructor skills are top notch, fun and guaranteed to help you enjoy your uke playing even more.

Strathmore Free Summer Outdoor Concert Series: UkeFest 2011
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 7:00 PM
http://www.strathmore.org/eventstickets/calendar/view.asp?id=7077
Summertime strumming at its very finest comes back to Strathmore by popular demand. If you don’t know how musical, magical and versatile the ukulele can be this is your chance to rise to a whole new musical level with Grammy-winners Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer and a uke-tastic roster of artists including Gerald Ross and the uke duo Sweater Set, plus The Riders, The Piney Branch Kids Ukulele Ensemble and The Washington Ukulele Orchestra.

Going for a World Record!
We’re trying to break the Guinness World Record in the Largest Ukulele Ensemble category at this performance. The previous record is 851 people all performing the same song on ukulele. Help us smash that record at UkeFest 2011! Come early – register to get your number and join the pre-show strum between 6-7 PM. We’ll go for the record at 7:30 PM. We will have a notary on site to verify the final number of players. We’ll perform an American song, to be announced shortly. (Rumor has it that the song will be "This Land Is Your Land". )

Yeah, I'm wanting to know what the song is.
Slightly considering this.
I'd love to do the workshop on the 23rd, but in addition to it being my birthday, it's Mom's. And she gets evil when I don't celebrate the National Holiday that is our shared birthday with her in a style she see likes.

Yeah, I'm wanting to know what the song is.
Slightly considering this.
I'd love to do the workshop on the 23rd, but in addition to it being my birthday, it's Mom's. And she gets evil when I don't celebrate the National Holiday that is our shared birthday with her in a style she see likes.

We’ll perform an American song, to be announced shortly. (Rumor has it that the song will be "This Land Is Your Land". )

944! That was the number at Strathmore in the DC Metro area tonight. Won't know until all the paperwork is completed, but it seems that's a new record. Updates will be posted on the Strathmore Music Center website.

Just woke up to that cold hard fact this morning. We had a great time anyway. Well, congratulations! It looked like you guys were having a blast over there in Helsingborg, too!

Top Bottom