Enya EUT-MAD Tenor Ukulele - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Not a new model, but took a while to get one on review!

I have the concert version of it, also in Black, and you can only see the woodgrain through the finish on mine in bright, direct light.

I think when this model first launched, it still featured Kaka branding on the instrument itself and you can clearly see the grain through the black on those.

Ooh, I have one of these. It's the only uke I've bought after going into a shop and trying things out (hello Matt at World of Ukes :)) wanting to find something with a nice warm sound without really knowing what I meant by that. I had a higher budget but this was the one I went away with because it felt and sounded (and, let's be honest, looked) much nicer than some pricier ones.

Matt said "I reckon a low G on it would be a mistake" but I put one on anyway because I usually do. And then a couple of months later I put the high G back on it, because, well, it sounds better that way.

Anyway, I am happy to read you like it too!

Well, I’ve gone and ordered one of these. A while back I was considering getting one, but the blacks were out of stock on the Enya US site. I wonder if they’ll send me one of these “Johnny Cash” specials, or one with more grain showing.

My black MAD tenor arrived today. It’s nice, especially for the cost. It’s got a tamer and more refined sound than the Baton Rouge tenor that it will be replacing — it’s a picker not a strummer. It is very black, though if you look closely you can see some grain peeking through.

Top Bottom