DIY Uke 'backpack'

I'd get rid of several pairs of old underwear and spring for a Mono or RB to fit right in with your $10K scoot.:)

Hey SeattleSean, When I was building my uke, I was looking for a case and came across one at our local ReUse area.It was a tennis racket case built for two rackets. It has a handle and shoulder strap. It will hold two tenors and a few extra goodies. Best was it was free and in good shape. Gigbag for sure. Good luck!

Wish I could play at the beach!

Quick update! My Soprano case fits (very snugly) in my little day-hike mini-backpack. My tenor doesn't even come close. The tenor has a strap on it, so theoretically i could sling it over my back, but even with a strap around the case that seems a little on the dangerous side. I'm gonna be driving 70 on this thing, so I don't think i want something that could catch wind resistance and will not be truly secure.

So, for the tenor, my choices are to bring out my full-on backpack to put the tenor in, or I just take the car.

In typical Italian style I am not sure when my Vespa comes in, but it should be Friday; so, I'm hopeful I'll be able to give this a go this very weekend! And heck, maybe I'll zip down the coast and find a quiet beach one morning & record a Seasonista song....

Thanks again everyone! I appreciate your creative thinking and enjoyed all of the banter! If you're ever in SoCal, rent a vespa or a bike and we'll cruise up the coast and do some ukin' at the beach! ;-)

We used to live on E Dock, A Dock, B Dock, C Dock and D Dock in the West Basin as well as numerous others in the East Basin (Dana Point Marina Co.)

We used to live on E Dock, A Dock, B Dock, C Dock and D Dock in the West Basin as well as numerous others in the East Basin (Dana Point Marina Co.)

Oh wow, cool! You know, I had never even heard of Dana Point before I moved to here, but I love the place! Cool, laid back community, nice people, etc. And so beautiful! I live off of Golden Lantern just over top of Selva Road. That is really cool that you lived at the Marina! That is way beyond me!

Ya know Steve, I miss sailing by your house in Dana Point to see if you were home

Attachments

• spartan.jpg
    spartan.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom