Another old timer new to ukulele and playing music in general .

RIng

Reaction score
Hi all ! I am 70 and just trying to learn the ukulele . I just wanted to bring the joy of making music into my life . I have already got a few ukuleles and am working on cordes and strumming . I hope to eventually get into blues and slid . Spend most of my time on Maryland Eastern shore . Would like to find a ukulele group here . Good music to all .

Welcome. I'm just trying to figure it out at 60. The Beginner's Forum has good stuff in it.
Have fun!

Welcome RIng, seems you'll fit right in here. I'm a member of a seniors uke group, many of whom are in their 70s, 80s and 90s and have never played an instrument before, but are now happily playing along. I took up the ukulele about 6 years ago, but I played guitar for almost 50 years before so it was an easy transition for me, though I never touched my guitars again. I turned 70 a couple of months ago.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Welcome, from an old timer. I refer to Redwoods as Jr. Its been said that the time spent fishing is not subtracted from ones appointed life span. Same should be true for playing the ukulele.

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that there is a Uke Group based in Ocean City.
I say that I think I recall because Hwy 50 runs from Sacramento to Ocean City and I’ve driven the western half of 50 many times.

Top Bottom