Aloha from Virginia

Rathbass1

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself briefly - my name is Daryl, and I literally just got my first ukulele on Saturday - a Makala MK-C, strung and set up nicely. I've been playing guitar for about a year now, and was excited to pick up something a little different. I've always loved the sound, and have been lurking on here for a few weeks checking things out. Anyways, I'll start posting questions as they come up...

And I really haven't gotten the real hang of barre chords yet on my guitar, and it's a little frustrating that the D is such a tricky guy. Oh well, here's to the fingers getting a cramped workout. : )

Daryl

Aloha Daryl, welcome to UU. Have fun with your new uke. More and more, I've been hearing the ukulele played in the backgrounds of commercials, and in movies. I'm glad its getting lots of exposure.

Welcome to UU bruddah! Where are you from in VA? I grew up in VA Beach.

Yeah, I'm bouncing around online to try and see how these chords work. The 2220 version (if that's correct) seems like a much easier D than the 2225 version. I'm going to give that a go tonight after I'm done with homework.

I actually live in Virginia now, in Harrisonburg, and I am attending James Madison University. Spent the first 29 years of my life in a town called Alton, Illinois, just outside of St. Louis.

Haven't made my way to the beach yet, unfortunately, although the uke may give inspiration.

Yeah, I'm one of those guys who saw Jake play ...Weeps and it convinced me that the uke may be fun. I've always liked music, but the guitar changed my life. Now I just love playing with musical toys. Oh...

but Roy Smeck is my new idol.

Welcome to the Underground Daryl.

Top Bottom