• Total voters
11 if I remember correctly.
Brũko & Cort soprano
Greg Bennett, Artist & Enya concert
Enya, Artist & Richard Wilson tenor
Ohana 5-string tenor
Greg Bennett & Brüko baritone
plus an aNueNue guitalele but I wouldn't count that as a ukulele

Brüko soprano often in aDF#B, the other sopranos, concerts and tenors in high G. I keep trying to think which one to change to low G but I haven't done so yet. I lean towards putting it on a tenor that I don't play much to see if that makes me play it more. Certainly don't want to change my favourite tenor to low G.

Baritones at the moment are standard DGBE but I will most likely change one of them to either high D or possibly low G instead of using a tenor for low G.

The Enya tenor which is a surprisingly good, cheap solid mahogany instrument & Ohana 5-string are played most at the moment. I will see if I bond with the Richard Wilson tenor which is new to me (he is a luthier well-known for Weissenborn-style lap steel guitars).

But I am an instrument collector/hoarder/addict. That is one of my interests (and I'd far prefer a new instrument to a holiday or a dozen restaurant meals etc).

There are also instruments that share some similarities but also enough differences that they are not counted in the ukuleles such as cavaquinho, cavaco-banjo, charango, nylon string mandolin, guitalele and requinto.

Last edited:
I have 5. I have a cheap one I strum at work before people get in (I think it is one of the Anuenue color series ones?). Then, I have: -

• Pete Howlett Walnut Concert (trying to sell for funds),
  • Koaloha KSM-03
  • Anuenue C100
  • Maestro spruce/redwood concert (not sure the model number).

I feel I probably only need 3 (a low G, high G and a practice one) but they do bring me a lot of joy!

I cast my vote, but I'm not going to brag about it.

I suspected this beforehand but UU survey participants are very different from my ukulele groups. Most live in Honolulu, but also zoom with 15 folks from the Pacific NW + snowbirds (north, Midwest & east coast). Of about 75 players, only a handful own more than one ukulele.

Last edited:
I don't think you can consider this a poll that represents an "average" of the uke-population...

At this moment, 86 votes, while about 360 members online.

Not everybody thinks that the number of ukes you have tells someting about how good you are as a player or how much fun you have.
Not everybody wants to share that info, or considers it something representable for themselves.

Bottom-line: it's just a number. With no value whatsoever. It "measures" nothing really.

You can have 1 expensive one you cherish because you had to save up for it.
You can have 1 cheap one that's equally cherished because of the memories it brings.

They're worth just the same. Or not?

Jeez, I need more coffee 😁...

Not everybody thinks that the number of ukes you have tells someting about how good you are as a player or how much fun you have.

Bottom-line: it's just a number. With no value whatsoever. It "measures" nothing really.
I agree. It never occurred to me to equate quantity of ukuleles with skill. In my case, there is probably an inverse relationship.

To me, it’s just an interesting topic like, “What is the first song you learned?", or "What is your favorite ukulele size?".

Top Bottom