Shipping
USD $50 CONUS only
Size
Tenor XL (21" Scale)

Blunderbuss

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is a quick turnaround as I just posted this as a NUD in March. Unfortunately
the size does not work for me as I hoped. A bit of history on it (from my NUD post):

I got this from Mike's Ukulele Garage on Reverb. When I was looking at the listing, I sent the seller a question. Unbeknownst to me at first, but it was actually Mike Upton, President of KALA. He was very cool and answered all my questions about this uke. He told me that it came from his private collection (he was kind enough to include a letter saying so) and it was likely that not many of these are around as this combo of woods for this tenor XL never made it to production. He estimated it was built between 2020-2022. The nut width is 1.5"

More information from the original Reverb listing: "Kala Solid Cedar top with solid Acacia back and sides Tenor XL ukulele. XL stands for extra long and refers to the 21” scale neck which is basically a Baritone neck on an oversized Tenor body. It is tuned like a regular tenor ukulele and the sound is huge. It has a beautiful, full, warm sound that is lovely."

It will come with the letter from Mike Upton. It is strung with Fremont Black Line (high g). No case or gig bag. I hope I can find this uke a new home. Thanks for looking.

.DSC02707a.JPGDSC02708a.JPGDSC02709a.JPGDSC02710a.JPGDSC02711a.JPGDSC02713.JPGDSC02714a.JPGDSC02718a.JPGIMG_3669.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
Is this laminate back and sides?

Hi,
Is this laminate back and sides?
Oh, sorry for leaving that important bit of information out. It is all solid Solid Cedar top with solid Acacia back and sides. Thank for pointing this out. I will edit the original post.

Thanks for clarifying. A lot of the matching concerts are laminates.
Tempting! GLWS!

Good morning,
I really like this uke! I do have a question about the scale. Is it really a 21” scale? I only ask because all the Kala XL tenors I’ve seen have ~19” scale lengths. Most Kala models seem to be an alphabet soup of model names yet still seem to have some discernible pattern to their naming schemes. The XL tenor models I’m familiar with have scales that are longer than a standard tenor but shorter than a baritone. Just curious. Of course, I need another uke like I need a hole in my head….but still I’m tempted.

Good morning,
I really like this uke! I do have a question about the scale. Is it really a 21” scale? I only ask because all the Kala XL tenors I’ve seen have ~19” scale lengths. Most Kala models seem to be an alphabet soup of model names yet still seem to have some discernible pattern to their naming schemes. The XL tenor models I’m familiar with have scales that are longer than a standard tenor but shorter than a baritone. Just curious. Of course, I need another uke like I need a hole in my head….but still I’m tempted.
Sorry! My bad. I confused the tenor XL (TXL) with the super tenor (ST) which does have a 19” scale. I guess I choked on my own alphabet soup! Still tempted though….

Sorry! My bad. I confused the tenor XL (TXL) with the super tenor (ST) which does have a 19” scale. I guess I choked on my own alphabet soup! Still tempted though….
Just let me know. It will be here until someone wants it...

Top Bottom