Price
Shipping
Size
Tenors

rhiggie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have waited several hours to make sure this wasn't a legit deal gone wrong. I have a posting wanting a KoAloha tenor with a spruce top. I received a UU Conversation saying he had bought some items from M3Ukulele and he had a spruce top KoAloha that might still be available, and included his email. I contacted him and he sent me some pics. I asked him to confirm my shipping address I had sent via a UU Conversation. He said he had received it but didn't respond to the conversation (1st red flag). I then asked him to take a pic with a dated paper and the uke. He said he wasn't with the uke (2nd red flag). I then asked him to reply to my UU conversatrion. That was the last I heard from him. But he did say he would accept PP payment using G&S so I was protected. I sent another UU conversation to M3Ukulele asking if he was answering his conversations. It seemed like M3Ukulele is a real UU person who has bought and sold here. So I was cautious to report the incident. Is it another hijacked UU user ID? It seems like posting a WANTED is a scammer invite! SO frustrated. I guess Facetime is the best way to establish ownership and real users?

Also, the name behind M3Ukulele was Bryan Goofy bryangoofy94@gmail.com. But the PayPal ID he sent was this:
View attachment 169473

Last edited:
Definitely report this using the report button Rick so we can look at the user. Had something similar happen to another user today and they reported it. I spam locked that account that had been reported but it might be another one.

Please ANYONE report weird PM activity to the moderator team so we can look into the user that's possibly trying to scam. It's not just posts: they can PM someone without going through the five post filter. I'll have to ask @TimWilson about that, see if we can change that.

Thanks,
Amie
Moderator Team

I have waited several hours to make sure this wasn't a legit deal gone wrong. I have a posting wanting a KoAloha tenor with a spruce top. I received a UU Conversation saying he had bought some items from M3Ukulele and he had a spruce top KoAloha that might still be available, and included his email. I contacted him and he sent me some pics. I asked him to confirm my shipping address I had sent via a UU Conversation. He said he had received it but didn't respond to the conversation (1st red flag). I then asked him to take a pic with a dated paper and the uke. He said he wasn't with the uke (2nd red flag). I then asked him to reply to my UU conversatrion. That was the last I heard from him. But he did say he would accept PP payment using G&S so I was protected. I sent another UU conversation to M3Ukulele asking if he was answering his conversations. It seemed like M3Ukulele is a real UU person who has bought and sold here. So I was cautious to report the incident. Is it another hijacked UU user ID? It seems like posting a WANTED is a scammer invite! SO frustrated. I guess Facetime is the best way to establish ownership and real users?

Also, the name behind M3Ukulele was Bryan Goofy bryangoofy94@gmail.com. But the PayPal ID he sent was this:
1711589724668.png

View attachment 169473
Yep. Tried the same BS with me.

Definitely report this using the report button Rick so we can look at the user. Had something similar happen to another user today and they reported it. I spam locked that account that had been reported but it might be another one.

Please ANYONE report weird PM activity to the moderator team so we can look into the user that's possibly trying to scam. It's not just posts: they can PM someone without going through the five post filter. I'll have to ask @TimWilson about that, see if we can change that.

Thanks,
Amie
Moderator Team
Same person sent me something regarding "arpeggio meditations". I ignored it, and just checked- it's disappeared from my pm messages.

Same person sent me something regarding "arpeggio meditations". I ignored it, and just checked- it's disappeared from my pm messages.
Yeah if it's the same person they have been scrubbed from the system.

Definitely be suspicious of someone with no posts. They might be legit, but it's a red flag to me because a of right now you can sign up and send PMs without that 5 post review filter.

View attachment 169473
Okay this is so weird. Someone on twitter (also not named Nicole) gave me this email for paypal as well when I was trying to buy some Taylor Swift tickets lol

Okay this is so weird. Someone on twitter (also not named Nicole) gave me this email for paypal as well when I was trying to buy some Taylor Swift tickets lol
Must be a large network of scammers. Can you report that email address to paypal?

Must be a large network of scammers. Can you report that email address to paypal?
It's probably just the same person trying whatever they can get their hands on. I imagine you have to cast a pretty wide net...especially if they're only scamming a couple hundred bucks at a time. Seems like it'd be easier to just get a real job...

It's probably just the same person trying whatever they can get their hands on. I imagine you have to cast a pretty wide net...especially if they're only scamming a couple hundred bucks at a time. Seems like it'd be easier to just get a real job...
A room full of scammers getting hundreds of dollars per person every day yields the room owner a lot of money.

Top Bottom