Festival International 'Ukulele Festival of Hawai'i 2024

ukulelelab

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this event with all of you here. If you missed Roy Sakuma's Ukulele Festival of Hawai'i, you don't want to miss this event.
There'll be a bunch of local and international artists and groups performing. If you're planning a trip to Hawai'i, might as well put this in the books!
Bringing back the ukulele festival at the famous Kapiolani Park Band stand.

Thanks for the heads up. I think some of the earlier festivals were streamed online and I hope that this will be made accessible for those who can't attend in person.

Thanks for the heads up. I think some of the earlier festivals were streamed online and I hope that this will be made accessible for those who can't attend in person.
Yes, the last 'Ukulele Festival of Hawai'i was done only via live stream. Ukulele Picnic of Hawai'i has taken over the will of the festival and is continuing it but I don't think they will be live streaming it since the environment is not streaming friendly. However they will be filming it so a edited version may stream at a later date.

Looks like all-day entertainment with an all-star lineup. Free admission.
This was posted to their Instagram:

Screenshot 2024-04-21 121127.png

Does anyone know anything about Tomoki Suzuki?

I’ve seen a bunch of his stuff and follow him on Instagram, but I can’t read Japanese so I can’t really find much info on him. Although he’s a damn fine player.

Does anyone know anything about Tomoki Suzuki?

I’ve seen a bunch of his stuff and follow him on Instagram, but I can’t read Japanese so I can’t really find much info on him. Although he’s a damn fine player.
I think he is one of the biggest ukulele YouTubers in Japan, which is a big deal considering that there are probably more ukulele players in Japan than in the USA or any other country. He has a couple of published instructional ukulele books (intermediate-level fingerstyle ukulele) and a few full-length ukulele CDs. The books are Japanese-language and not available from USA retailers, but Japanese bookstores can ship them to you (and shipping is not too expensive if you order a bunch of stuff at once).

I think he is one of the biggest ukulele YouTubers in Japan, which is a big deal considering that there are probably more ukulele players in Japan than in the USA or any other country. He has a couple of published instructional ukulele books (intermediate-level fingerstyle ukulele) and a few full-length ukulele CDs. The books are Japanese-language and not available from USA retailers, but Japanese bookstores can ship them to you (and shipping is not too expensive if you order a bunch of stuff at once).
You wouldn’t happen to have a link to some of his books would you?

Top Bottom