Any Kepasa Fans?

Kevin made a bespoke soprano for a friend of mine. It is a lovely instrument with a great sound.

Reactions: JDP
I’ve always been a fan and have wanted a Madeira Soprano for a long time. Apparently he’s not taking orders at this time. Hope that’s a temporary thing.

I have played 3 different Kepasa ukes, a mahogany Josephine soprano, a spruce top Middlesex concert, and a Gypsy Rose (Selmer-Maccaferri style) tenor. All Very nicely built ukes with a quality sound. I’ve been eyeing his grand baritone ukes for a while. I hope Kevin is well and continues to build his wonderful ukes. Someday I’ve got to try a baritone of his, too.

Greetings! I have three Kepasa ukes, all three in the Hollywood style, crafted by Kevin Crossett. Do any of you play a Kepasa? I absolutely love mine!

The one with the oval sound hole is called a Madeira. Baz recently did a review of a French Caravelle Kitchen Madeira with the same shape of sound hole. I knew nothing about that.

The Madeira looks to be like the early vintage ukes with a traditional round sound hole

His Kevita and Gypsy Rose (Selmer-Maccaferri style) both have oval or D shaped holes

Top Bottom