Strings Southcoast Uke Strings, for which instrument?

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
For those who used to use Southcoast strings when they were available, maybe you can help identify this set(see photo). Both bases are wound. I found these at the bottom of my string storage box but never annotated the package as I usually did. At the time of purchase I had a Hoffmann baritone that I used to tune in Bb besides a few tenors which were always turned in C6.
I know a few of my UU friends loved these as much as I did and I hope they can point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• IMG_7312.jpeg
    IMG_7312.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7314.jpeg
    IMG_7314.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I’ve used south coast many many years ago prob a decade ago. I honestly can’t remember what set I used but it definitely was an experimental tuning set. They had so many different kinds and they got a bit complicated and a little bit confusing tbh.

I ended up moving to living water and than finally worth browns for my baritones (which is where I stayed for the last decade). But unfortunately I can’t help here you sort of unlocked a decade old memory about strings I forgot that existed.

His ”Medium” gave you C-tuning on a Concert with mid-tension.

Suspect Bb on a Baritone would be within reason.

His ”Medium” gave you C-tuning on a Concert with mid-tension.

Suspect Bb on a Baritone would be within reason.

This is correct, I had bought a few sets for concert scale. I usually used the Heavy Mediums on tenor........your set can be used on tenor for a lighter tension

I didn't read this all the way through, so I don't know if it will help. But I hope it does.

GCEA tenor or FBbDG baritone
IMG_0930.jpeg

Thanks to all who replied with the information that I required. I think that I most likely purchased these for my Hoffmann long scale baritone but it’s good to know that I can use them on my tenor. My last treasure of the wonderful products that Dirk provided to all those who were on the quest for the holy grail of string sets.

Thanks to all who replied with the information that I required. I think that I most likely purchased these for my Hoffmann long scale baritone but it’s good to know that I can use them on my tenor. My last treasure of the wonderful products that Dirk provided to all those who were on the quest for the holy grail of string sets.
I appreciated him so much. I learned a lot about tuning ukes and a helpful approach to instruments in general from him. A lot of interesting history, tunings, etc.

Such a friendly guy to interact with.

I appreciated him so much. I learned a lot about tuning ukes and a helpful approach to instruments in general from him. A lot of interesting history, tunings, etc.

Such a friendly guy to interact with.

I just learned right now he passed away I didn’t know. I thought they just decided not to make instruments and strings anymore. I’ve been out of the loop for sometime. Rest in peace to him I enjoyed his strings and my interactions despite him knowing a lot more than my brain could process. Very sad.

Top Bottom