Strings Martin Premium Tenor strings

Smithki

Reaction score
I purchased for the first time a set of premium Martin Uke strings. Don’t waste your money on them. Within 3 days the fibers are letting loose.
I also bought at the same time the cheapest Martin Uke strings and they seem just fine except they are a bit lighter gauge than I thought they would be but they still sound and play fine.
Just a heads up if you plan on buying Martin Premium’s.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 11
I have them on two of my ukes with no issues. They feel and sound great. Maybe you got a bad pack of strings.

Did you contact Martin to see what they have to say about it? That seems like a manufacturing defect for sure.
I did and am waiting to hear back. It could be a factory defect indeed but I would recommend the black M620’s if you like lighter gauge, they sound and play great.

I purchased for the first time a set of premium Martin Uke strings. Don’t waste your money on them. Within 3 days the fibers are letting loose.
I also bought at the same time the cheapest Martin Uke strings and they seem just fine except they are a bit lighter gauge than I thought they would be but they still sound and play fine.
Just a heads up if you plan on buying Martin Premium’s.
The Martin Premium Strings are Nylon. (M605, M610, M625)
The Other Martin Strings are Fluorocarbon. (M600, M620, M630)
You may have gotten a bad set of strings.

The Martin Premium Strings are Nylon. (M605, M610, M625)
The Other Martin Strings are Fluorocarbon. (M600, M620, M630)
You may have gotten a bad set of strings.
I think you are right, Martin contacted me and admitted they were defective and were really good about it. They offered me a new set but I told them Sweetwater was sending me a new set so they did not need to replace them.

I have Martin Premiums on My 0 Sinker Mahogany and Kamaka hf2 concert and have no problem. I think they sound great on both ukuleles.

I think you are right, Martin contacted me and admitted they were defective and were really good about it. They offered me a new set but I told them Sweetwater was sending me a new set so they did not need to replace them.
Were the new strings better?

Top Bottom