Why Mango?

Here's a couple of mangos in more unusual sizes.

World of Ukes compared 4 Millar long neck sopranos. One of them is an all solid mango version.

World of Ukes also has a couple of Millar all solid mango jumbo tenors.

Last edited:
Maybe some day in the future Mainland will get new stock of Mango Baritones as I like the look and sound. Then again, it sounds like that may not happen. Used it most likely will be.

I hope y'all got a chance to watch this! Another magnificent Corey Fujimoto performance, on another Tyde stunner.

Here's the page at TUS, where two things jumped out at me:

• Walrus oil? The finish is WALRUS OIL???? :oops: I looked it up, and that's the brand of oil. No walruses in it. Whew! (I know that some of you might have known that already, but I sure didn't!)

• I knew it wasn't going to be cheap because it's a Tyde, but $7900? If I had the dough, I think this would be a no-brainer, but hey, if I had eight grand laying around to spend on a uke, I think a whole lot of other decisions in my life might be no-brainers, right? :ROFLMAO: This one really is gorgeous, though. AND FREE SETUP AND SHIPPING! 😊
tyde_mango_tenor__manako_-01.jpg
HOLY CRAP

This ukulele is so beautiful I just fell over pooped my pants and died

I want one I want one

Millar MG-240 All Solid Hawaiian Mango Concert Ukulele​

Millar-MG-240-Mango-Concert-Ukulele-1.jpg
Though I’m highly unqualified to criticize any uke’s appearance, much less that of a Millar, this mango grain reminds me of a 90’s era 105mm ammo box, which was far from a thing of beauty.

🤣 As they say, “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. I really like some of a unique patterns on mango ukes. I’m also partial to brilliant painted sunsets and natural granite/marble slabs with a lot of movement and color. I call it Mother Nature’s artwork. In fact, I’m waiting for my new Romero Creations mango uke to arrive so I can compare the tone to my koa uke 😁!!

Attachments

• E0000190-5A2B-478D-9158-5FBCA75C1D0A.jpeg
    E0000190-5A2B-478D-9158-5FBCA75C1D0A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
🤣 As they say, “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. I really like some of a unique patterns on mango ukes. I’m also partial to brilliant painted sunsets and natural granite/marble slabs with a lot of movement and color. I call it Mother Nature’s artwork. In fact, I’m waiting for my new Romero Creations mango uke to arrive so I can compare the tone to my koa uke 😁!!
The spalted mango is super pretty. You don’t get many mango made ukes that look like that. I love mine. It plays killer and bright. Let me know what you think when you get it.

I think some spalted versions of mango ukes have given it a bad reputation. Many other mango ukes look great to me, YMMV.
Don’t be afraid of the color contrast. Spalted looks better to me.

Looks very similar to mine. I think you'll like it a lot!

this one looks cool.

Top Bottom