You can tell a cat grew up around musicians when…

greenfrog

Reaction score
My cat just watched with utter fascination while I changed my ukulele strings. He kept his distance and did not attempt to pounce or swat the strings until he saw me set an old string down someplace he judged to be an acceptable distance away from the ukulele.

It was so cute — I could see how much he wanted to attack those strings, but he also knew it was a musical instrument and that he’s not allowed near those… GOOD KITTY!!!

Last edited:
Groot and uke two.jpeg

"Cool cat shuffle." "Stray Cat Strut."

Then while you're changing the strings, your cat will sneakily find the open case and try to fit into it for a nap.

Don't have a cat at present. The ferrets have passed. As have the dogs. Maybe after the move and we get a house...

Then while you're changing the strings, your cat will sneakily find the open case and try to fit into it for a nap.

One of the nice things about a baritone ukulele is that there’s plenty of room in the case for a cat.

I’m curious what happens with a soprano!

Don't have a cat at present. The ferrets have passed. As have the dogs. Maybe after the move and we get a house...

Sorry to hear that!!

I hope the move goes smoothly and that you can have pets again in the future.

Always luved that song! Brian Setzer is a first class guitarist. I grew up with cats, cats, and cats.

Now I just can’t read this title without thinking of bebop guys

Top Bottom