WTB: Pono Baritone Nui 8 String BN8-10D

TikiDave

Reaction score
I've been waiting for one of these to pop up, and they seem to be as rare as hens teeth. I've also heard that they may not be making these anymore. So...if anyone knows anyone, who might know someone who is aware of anybody...well, you get the idea! I'd love to take one of these off of someone's hands. I've settled into 8 string baritone as my primary, and would love to add this to my collection. Thanks in advance!
Pono Bari 8.jpg

Wednesday bump...I'm hoping someone besides the scammers here will have a line on one! Prayers up!

Wednesday bump...I'm hoping someone besides the scammers here will have a line on one! Prayers up!
I asked The Uke Site about a special order...haven't heard back but I'll let you know. 2 might be little more incentive. I'd really like a Bn8-30d.

Wow this looks like a beast. I was looking for smaller sibling taropatch for some time which is also difficult to find. Too bad it seems all most companies want to push is 4 string tenor.

Wow this looks like a beast. I was looking for smaller sibling taropatch for some time which is also difficult to find. Too bad it seems all most companies want to push is 4 string tenor.
friend of mine has a Pono 8 string for sale here in Seattle. it's not the big nui but the baritone uke size. he responded to Dave's facebook post. I've been trying to get an 8 string tenor guitar that worked with nylon strings for a long time. the Pono MND octave mandolin is the same shape but braced too heavily for nylon.

friend of mine has a Pono 8 string for sale here in Seattle. it's not the big nui but the baritone uke size. he responded to Dave's facebook post. I've been trying to get an 8 string tenor guitar that worked with nylon strings for a long time. the Pono MND octave mandolin is the same shape but braced too heavily for nylon.
Cory at The Uke Site referred me to john@koolauukulele.com

"no BN 8 string for now. Possibly in the future. We love that model, but there are few like you and I that appreciate unusual instruments."
from Pono...too bad. seems like all they'd have to do would be to lighten up the bracing on the MND 20/30 octave mandolin
Just heard from John again...they're gonna build some in November...get in line at Uke Site
"no BN 8 string for now. Possibly in the future. We love that model, but there are few like you and I that appreciate unusual instruments."
from Pono...too bad. seems like all they'd have to do would be to lighten up the bracing on the MND 20/30 octave mandolin
new email from John at Pono...
"John, good news, we have decided to make a few of the BN8-1 8 string earlier than expected. It will be all Acacia, top, back, and sides. Tentative retail price will be $1999, and the ukulele site will probably sell it for $1599.
Should be available sometime in November.
Aloha, John"

Just heard from John again...they're gonna build some in November...get in line at Uke Site

new email from John at Pono...
"John, good news, we have decided to make a few of the BN8-1 8 string earlier than expected. It will be all Acacia, top, back, and sides. Tentative retail price will be $1999, and the ukulele site will probably sell it for $1599.
Should be available sometime in November.
Aloha, John"
Yes sir!! I got a similar email, and I am doing the happy dance. They were really great in my correspondence with them, and I am so looking forward to getting this in my hands. On another note, last week I purchased one of the BN4-1 models from The Ukulele Site, and will have it in hand this week..just in time for the LA Ukulele Festival!

Yes sir!! I got a similar email, and I am doing the happy dance. They were really great in my correspondence with them, and I am so looking forward to getting this in my hands. On another note, last week I purchased one of the BN4-1 models from The Ukulele Site, and will have it in hand this week..just in time for the LA Ukulele Festival!
that Bn4-4 rosewood model keeps calling out to me. I'd be on it in a blink if my Circle Strings rosewood tenor wasn't around.
I hope there's a way to get in line for the 8 string. I'd pay for it today.

that Bn4-4 rosewood model keeps calling out to me. I'd be on it in a blink if my Circle Strings rosewood tenor wasn't around.
I hope there's a way to get in line for the 8 string. I'd pay for it today.
I would imagine contacting the good folks at The Ukulele Site and seeing what they say...

Top Bottom