White Woman's Instagram

Sounds good dude. How do you get the videos to sync up like that? I've never tried to do any kind of video editing; seems like it'd be difficult to get the timing exactly right.

Thanks!

So, I Premiere Pro. When I start recording my rhythm on the loop pedal, I strike my muted strings 4 times. I use that loop as my foundation for each layer. I'm basically playing each instrument live with my pre-recorded self.

I load up each of the best takes video / audio into Premiere Pro. After I get them on a timeline, I select everything and right click. There's a synchronize option. Click synchronize by audio track 1 or mixdown. The program does the rest.

It's usually pretty good about it, but if it isn't, I use the 4 clicks at the top of the video to get them all perfectly sync'ed up. It's the same reason shows use a slate / clapper at the beginning of scenes. If the program doesn't do a good job, I use the audio waveforms to get them just right.

It's very simple if you have the right tools. :) (I used to produce and edit commercials, but anyone can do it manually)

Here's a YT tutorial...It's easier to show than to explain:

Top Bottom