Where to report a scammer on marketplace?

ukuleland

Reaction score
I’ve posted an ad on the marketplace and I’ve received messages from a new member here obviously using photos of somebody else’s uke and even photoshopping (very poorly might I add) his name on a piece of paper next to the uke. Who do I report this to in order to make sure they don’t actually scam someone?

I believe that the box containing the text of a personal message has a report option: bottom left hand corner ‘report’ in green lettering. Click on that writing and I think that that starts the process.

+1 on what Graham said ^ You can also click on the person's name and that will bring you to their profile. There will be a "report" button to the right of their screen name and you can use that to report the member as well. Thanks for helping to keep the UU Forum spam-free!

+1 on what Graham said ^ You can also click on the person's name and that will bring you to their profile. There will be a "report" button to the right of their screen name and you can use that to report the member as well. Thanks for helping to keep the UU Forum spam-free!
I see the Report link at the bottom left, but I'm not seeing a Report link in the profile window. Here's a screen shot of your profile.

1642024585842.png

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I see the Report link at the bottom left, but I'm not seeing a Report link in the profile window. Here's a screen shot of your profile.

View attachment 138152

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
Maybe double click on their profile name - that should bring you to their actual profile page. The report link will appear to the right of their name on their profile page:
Mike Kohan Profile.jpg

Same thing happened to me. It seems they may be targeting "Want To Buy" posts. It's easy enough to find photos of something if you know what a person is looking for. A new member "Allen 98" tried to get me to send them money via Zelle. They stopped communicating when I said since they had just signed up that day and did not have any posts, we would need to use PayPal.

Same thing happened to me. It seems they may be targeting "Want To Buy" posts. It's easy enough to find photos of something if you know what a person is looking for. A new member "Allen 98" tried to get me to send them money via Zelle. They stopped communicating when I said since they had just signed up that day and did not have any posts, we would need to use PayPal.
Yeah same, this guy got in touch with me too.

Top Bottom