What strings are “standard” for the Pono Nui?

mindfly

Reaction score
I can’t seem to find this anywhere. I’m looking for the strings that come standard on the Nui. Any ideas?

Ponos have changed the OEM strings over the years. In 2017 I bought two new Pono tenors. The one from UkeRepublic came with Ko'Olau strings. The one from TUS fitted Worth Clears when I requested a Low-G setup. I think my 2018 tenor had Worth Browns fitted at TUS because I asked for them. I believe they charge for non-standard strings now. A person at my uke club ordered a Mango Pro Classic tenor from TUS in 2021 and I believe it came with UkeLogic strings as an option.

As an aside, I usually ask what the strings are on a ukulele I buy. I like to know as a baseline for my string explorations. So I can alwys return to them if I don't like other sets.

The Ukulele Site can tell you what the Pono stock OEM strings are. They know a guy...

Ponos have changed the OEM strings over the years. In 2017 I bought two new Pono tenors. The one from UkeRepublic came with Ko'Olau strings. The one from TUS fitted Worth Clears when I requested a Low-G setup. I think my 2018 tenor had Worth Browns fitted at TUS because I asked for them. I believe they charge for non-standard strings now. A person at my uke club ordered a Mango Pro Classic tenor from TUS in 2021 and I believe it came with UkeLogic strings as an option.

As an aside, I usually ask what the strings are on a ukulele I buy. I like to know as a baseline for my string explorations. So I can alwys return to them if I don't like other sets.

The Ukulele Site can tell you what the Pono stock OEM strings are. They know a guy...

Yeah, I have queries in with both Pono and the seller, The Uke Site, but I haven't received any replies yet.

Top Bottom